cruze ac codes ?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fl38583

Thread: cruze ac codes ?

fl38583 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

cruze ac codes ?

Ac off due to high engine temps??

Yes, what a nice day - it was raining hard and not warm but near 45 degrees I just got onto the interstate I 69 headed to work everything normal then a code pops up saying no AC due to high engine temps?? I always look at my gauges and the temperature gauge is reading cold plus I did not ever see it anywhere near normal but warm air was coming out the vents. So I pulled off next exit to a gas station to check it out. pulled hood latch release cooling fan is running but engine does not feel hot. Turned car off checked all fluids everything is fine - took cap off the pressure tank did not steam or blow off, finally stuck finger in coolant it was not hot. After calling work telling them I am having car issues checked hose for heat when squeezed the in the pressure tank rose and fell on both upper and lower hose. After waiting about 20 minutes started for home then I pulled of again just to make sure it was not getting hot and the gauge had stopped working or something - No after another inspection it is not hot - decided to drive home and park about five away to home and I did not see the need to get it towed because it not hot. Watched the gauge it was working just not getting to normal temperature or off cold to much. Got it home parked it a took my rust but trust Chevy venture 259000 on it to work - not problems. Monday after letting it sit all week end started it up code still there engine is definitely cold but all thing the same - cooling fan running code still there. Mine and a co workers thought are that the thermostat stuck open and this code is in there because it does not get to operating temperature so it can run efficiently - the code is really because it does not get to operating temperature. Does this sound right and has anyone had similar thing happen. the cruze only has 62000 on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Drag Racing Champion
    It's a common issue to which you'll find lotsa threads.

fl38583 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    took it to dealer, but on the way the the themostat must have come unstuck because all the sudden the code went away I heard the fan shut off,and the gauge moved to normal position. The dealer could not find anything but I had them change the oil and check it over good. So I do think it was the thermostat.
    Ravenkeeper likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)