White smoke from exhaust when accelerating 2014 - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: White smoke from exhaust when accelerating 2014

Group B Rally Champion

Generally, white smoke means coolant getting into the combustion chamber due to a blown head gasket. However, I'm not sure why it would be only on hard acceleration. I'd think that would be the least likely time for water to get in due to the high combustion chamber pressure.

To be on the safe side, I'd keep a sharp eye on the coolant level and the temp gauge. Hopefully, it's just a residual of the seafoam.

In case it's oil, I'd keep a sharp eye on the oil level as well.

If it's a serious problem, it will reveal itself soon enough.
    CruzzieQ and Ravenkeeper like this.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

IF.....there is no oil consumption and IF there is no coolant loss, then the odds are the blow by gasses that were not being burned as designed through the pcv system while operating with the failed burst valve (valve cover) the blow by condensed and collected in the intercooler.
    When you get on it hard, the raw oil is pushed out of the intercooler, under turbo pressure, and into the throttle body. Smoke from the raw oil ingestion is the result.

I have seen some that had so much oil within it had to be removed and positioned so the oil would run out overnight, then flushed with gasoline (careful with that) and dried out.
    That is a extreme case.....yours might clear over usage/miles if the above is the case.

Rob
    ChevyGuy and Blasirl like this.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    It's been a couple of tankfuls since the seafoam. I did put 2 bottle in 2 tanks in a row because I still had the check engine light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Country View Post
    Have you noticed an oil smell or blueish tinted to it? Could be oil burning

How EXACTLY did you run the seafoam? 2 cans in one tank? Or back to back tanks? I've run seafoam and loved the result, but it's meant to be mixed oz of seafoam to gallon of fuel (if I remember right) maybe you over did it and are I vns c fact getting a more aggressive response to the seafoam?

If it runs fine and has no codes I'd run it at least one more tank through, 2 if it were my car, checking fluids before each drive in the morning (coolant check the resevior tank after a drive, just takes popping the hood and with this car and its coolant issues its definitely worth keeping an eye on that level and the spot you park it in, and oil) then if the problem persists bring it in

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Consecutive tanks of sea foam, could be residual. AutoZone had a sale for Chevron Injector Cleaner, "buy one get one FREE," ran one bottle thru ours, no more injector fault(s).
    Chris

2014 Cruze Eco - Limo-tint (back doors, rear window, & top of windshield), blacked out bowties

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Group B Rally Champion

I like Robby's theory about something left over in the intercooler. Anything there would start getting sucked in on hard acceleration.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

karna68 is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze
    Thanks everyone. There's no oil smell, temp is fine and no codes. The white smoke as I said before is not real thick but not like a vapor. I'll see how it acts after another tank full of gas.

Cruzes work much better on Premium Gas

karna68 is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze
    UPDATE-Been through another tank of gas and no smoke. I'm chalking it up to the seafoam.

4th Gear
    Nice to see a simple resolution!
    karna68 and Blasirl like this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)