Radiator fan issues 2015 cruze
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carbon02

Thread: Radiator fan issues 2015 cruze

ToxicFire is online now [OP]

Radiator fan issues 2015 cruze

Hey yall good day to everyone. So heres a bit of back story and my issue.
    Back a couple months ago my car started to over heat and came to find out the raditor was cracked.So we had a new radiator put in and shortly after that we notice the radiator fan would turn on when starting the car and would sound like a jet engine full speed.
    Been doing it for weeks now and it will be random.Start the car some days from cold start and its fine but some days start on cold and the rad is full speed and will be but sometimes if we turn the car off and restart it 2 or 3 times then it will go back to normal no fan.

Now we had the thermostat housing and sensor replaced along with the sensor on other side of motor and now the fan turns on when the car starts from cold but its like medium speed only and then will shut off once the car reaches normal operating temps.

So my question is what else could be checked or may be the issue?

Ps the car has only 50,000km 1.4 turbo and well maintained.Never had issue up until this shenanigans lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Welcome Aboard!

Couple issues - temp and fan

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

ToxicFire is online now [OP]
    Thanks i saw that thread.before posting but I have no coolant loss and already changed both temp sensors thermostat and radiator.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Make sure you have "burped" the cooling system enough to ensure all coolant and no air.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

BOOOOST!
    There is a bleeder screw on the top passenger side of the radiator. With the engine off, open this, with the radiator cap open an fairly full. No need to pull the plug all the way out, but you need to back it out 2-3 turns, until coolant is seen.

So you have replaced the black plastic piece on the drivers side of the engine? The coolant water outlet that contains one of the temperature sensors? Or did you replace the coolant sensor at the radiator?

I believe there is two on the 1.4L Cruze. I think you have air either in the water outlet, or in the top of the radiator.
    Blasirl likes this.
    2012 Cruze LT, 1.4L, AT 78,000 Miles as of 1/19
    Looking for EV for next car.. Bolt or maybe Model 3 if Chevy doesn't speed up their EV's to the marketplace!

Previous Rides
    2002 Intrigue 3.5L,LX5, AT 135,000- Owned for 10 years.. PM for Intrigue help. P1811 also a problem with this car.
    2000 Intrigue 3.5L, LX5, AT, 89,000- Owned for 12 years.. Dreaded P1811 killed this transmission.

Formula One Champion
    This video is for the 1.8, but I am pretty sure the sensors are in the same place.

Hidden Content

9. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)