What octane gas do you use with the 1.4L Turbo? - Page 11
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: What octane gas do you use with the 1.4L Turbo?

Driver's Ed
    Rec 87 or Rec 90 is 100% gasoline, both will do better than 93 gas, especially in the turbo edish

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed darknecrofear_1@hotmail's Avatar
    The owners manual says to use top tier detergent gas. I feel that all turbo and supercharged engines should run 91+ octane because boost requires a tighter gap spark plug. Nobody wants LSPI ever and especially on a boosted engine! If you trade in your car every 3 years then it don’t matter but if you don’t want holes on pistons and other things related to octane then run the highest possible.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015LT2 View Post
    I have been running 89 in mine with good results. Gas is somewhat affordable now, although I would not consider my Cruze a performance car, even though she is a turbo.
    +1 on this I run 89. My son likes(or at least notices the performance difference) 93 in #3(2014 LT) I have been good with 89 with mine #4 + #5 2013 and 2015 LTs. 93 has never been all that much better for my taste or I don't use more than 1 tank. So 89 octane is my vote.
    2015LT2 likes this.
    Pat T. Patman
    '15 Cruze LT/Limited my DD
    '13 Cruze LT/RS (6-sp) • '14 Cruze LT son's DD
    '12 Cruze Eco • '11 Cruze LS(First Cruze)
    '07 Civic • '02 Olds Alero GLS 4dr 5 spd
    '99 Olds Cutlass
    '96 Beretta, Eagle Summit, 92 Achieva SC (First New Car) and 1957 MGA Father's car I restored.
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I live 5 minutes away from a Costco (Top Tier gasoline) which sells 93 octane for the same price that most other stations sell their mid-grade 89 octane, so I run the 93 there. Since it's warm/hot 9 months out of the year, I find I get a little better mileage from the higher octane as well as running smoother. Now if I could just get out of doing short errand drives everywhere.
    Hidden Content
    2013 Cruze ECO MT - We're sorry, the phone number you have reached is imaginary. Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try your call again.

Driver's Ed
    I run 89+ when the Temps are over 85 degrees. Generally when I have to run ac.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7

I’m glad I joined these forums and been reading about using higher octane. I have a 2018 Cruze LT automatic. Got it in November. It always seemed a bit sluggish to me and would hesitate at times. Me knowing nothing I always used 87 octane since that what it calls for in the user manual. So I decided to give 93 a try since the gas station I use carries it. I can honestly say, what a difference! Car is no longer sluggish and doesn’t hesitate anymore. Wish I had found these forums when I first got the car. My car is very happy now.

Driver's Ed
    So this was my first 500mile tank, and it happened after i had put in some 90/0E octane, a bit over 4 gallons into a half tank of gas.... and then at just under a 1/4 tank of gas I filled up with some 93octane...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There's a Sunoco across the street from my work so I've run 93 in it since I got it. I think I might have put 91 in a few times when I have been traveling but it's pretty cheap insurance is the way I see it.

Also I don't know if this is the case everywhere but at my Sunoco, the 93 is usually the same price or possibly a couple cents more per gallon than the 91 so why not?

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)