In the market for a car, best fuel economy - Gen 1 or Gen 2? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: In the market for a car, best fuel economy - Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Driver's Ed
    I have a Gen 1 manual. It really depends how I drive it. The main thing that I have discovered is that once you get over 35mpg, an 1 or 2 mpg is very insignificant to the mileage per tank or per dollar. They all get pretty good mileage. Pick what you will most enjoy driving.

On the other hand if you are in the market for a transport vessel, I would recommend any series of the Firefly model. Keep in mind that the Firefly Series 2 was the first series driven by the Capissen 38 Mark II engine, providing twice the fuel economy of the Series 1. Stay shiny, Captain Tightpants.
    yt400pmd likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

World Rally Champion Eddy Cruze's Avatar
    I was told just yesterday Las Vegas is almost out of Used Cars! Forgive the Salesman's spelling

Hyundai of Las Vegas
    Dear Eddy CRUZE

I have been trying to reach you for a couple of days now. I have some great news for you regarding your trade in. After the big weekend we had, there is practically no used vehicles to sell. So now, more than ever we need quality used vehicles like yours.

If your still considering trading it in, would it be fair for us to see it in person and put a competative bid one it? There is nothing to lose, at the very least you will have a number to shop around town right?
    HSchut likes this.

Learning about my Cruze
    My 2018 sedan diesel with 6 speed manual on a test run while still not broken in achieved 55 mpg flat out highway cruising between 70 and 75 mph with Air conditioning running. I did a 400 mile round trip with just myself in the vehicle. Average highway is at 52 mpg. Around town my average is a consistent 32 to 33 mpg. Hope that helps.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by wilesre View Post
    I have a Gen 1 manual. It really depends how I drive it. The main thing that I have discovered is that once you get over 35mpg, an 1 or 2 mpg is very insignificant to the mileage per tank or per dollar. They all get pretty good mileage. Pick what you will most enjoy driving.

On the other hand if you are in the market for a transport vessel, I would recommend any series of the Firefly model. Keep in mind that the Firefly Series 2 was the first series driven by the Capissen 38 Mark II engine, providing twice the fuel economy of the Series 1. Stay shiny, Captain Tightpants.
    HA!

Driver's Ed
    One thing to consider if you decide to go for a Gen 1 Eco is that the 6 speed manual has a smaller fuel cell than the automatic. The manual equipped ECO had a 12.6 gallon fuel tank. The automatic still has the 15.6 gallon tank.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)