2018 LT RS that averages at 22MPG with a peak of 28... - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2018 LT RS that averages at 22MPG with a peak of 28...

5th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma v e n View Post
    18 Redline with 18s, Michelin MXM4s I think.
    I run 5w30 in mine.
    I believe Redline, Premier RS, and maybe Hatch RS come with 18s.
    The LT sedans, at least 2016-2017, came with 16s, Goodyears on most, Hankooks on RS, except my fleet ordered 2017 RS has Goodyears.
    2017 Cruze LT RS
    2016 Cruze LT with Sun&Sound

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

I suspect the short runs of less than 10 minutes are killing your fuel economy. The engine never gets a chance to warm up. Take it out on a road at 55 MPH and drive out and back for 30 minutes each way. Then see what the fuel economy reports. Also, to rule out a dragging brake, when you get back, use the back of your hand and gently touch each wheel. They may be warm but they shouldn't be hot - a hot wheel indicates a dragging brake.
    17Hatch6MT likes this.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    I believe Redline, Premier RS, and maybe Hatch RS come with 18s.
    The LT sedans, at least 2016-2017, came with 16s, Goodyears on most, Hankooks on RS, except my fleet ordered 2017 RS has Goodyears.
    My 2018 Hatch RS was an LT model and came w 16s. I plan to upgrade but will probably only do 17s because I'm terrified of driving it around the city with 18s. Philly potholes are real man... haha

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by Iamantman View Post
    My 2018 Hatch RS was an LT model and came w 16s. I plan to upgrade but will probably only do 17s because I'm terrified of driving it around the city with 18s. Philly potholes are real man... haha
    Ride quality sucks on the 18's. I went up a sidewall size when I replaced my tires and it helped a bit, but the 17"s are probably an even better choice.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Also, if it makes you feel any better, this was my last top up before we head to the beach this weekend. 100% city/gridded streets/gridlock driving. Saw highway speeds for maybe 15 miles on the tank.

Screenshot_20190607-101254_Fuelly App.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Ride quality sucks on the 18's. I went up a sidewall size when I replaced my tires and it helped a bit, but the 17"s are probably an even better choice.
    Haha yeah I figured. I think it's just something people get used to. Personally that takes a toll physically on me and the car so I'd rather not risk it. Plus like you said below, it adds even more the mpg game.

That said I think if I lived in the suburbs or down south with pretty open flat roads, I'd definitely go oversize like that. It just looks so gooood.

Driver's Ed
    I am not saying I am in the same ball park, but when I first got my '14 2lt , the mpg slowly went down a lot..... like initial full tank was around 440 mile.... then after a while it was 379-400... and this was on 87 octane... and at the time I was delivering pizzas.. and this was all from may 2 of last year till this past march... and insert a change of jobs, and one drive into work and home of about 25 miles. And slowly my full tank went back up to 480 miles per tank on 87 octane... then I started using some 93 octane and bam!!!! I am over 500 per tank... I will say as with any car, short trips or stop n go trips are the worst for mpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameverseman View Post
    Hey all,
    So I noticed something "weird" with my Cruze. I usually drive a little over the speed limit and my drive to and from work is about 10 minutes each way. I drive, on average, an hour everyday (excluding weekends). I only have ~750 miles on my vehicle. My question is, what is causing me to have such low MPG? I've seen folks here with MPGs in the 30s and 40s... Yet I average at 22 and peaked at 28. No aftermarket items are installed on the car short of a subwoofer. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    You only have 750 miles, it should get better after "breaking in". The short trips are a mpg killer as others report. I have a 2012 LT RS and get upper 30 on road trip, but my daughter(heavy foot)drives intown alot and she averages in the mid 20s. Driving style contributes a lot to mpg also.

Driver's Ed
    I think it might be what was said earlier about the DIC
    it will report the average gas mileage for the last 1000 miles if you have it set that way
    you won't see much change unless you set it to last 25 or 50 miles
    you change it via the steering wheel buttons - have to hit the center check key when the mileage display is shown

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)