What do you guys think about the 2012 new Buick Verano?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about the 2012 new Buick Verano?

ErikBEggs is offline [OP]
    Off-Road Champion

What do you guys think about the 2012 new Buick Verano?

Additional info here:
    2012 Buick Verano Photos and Info: Buick Verano News ? Car and Driver

Looking at it, its a carbon copy of the Cruze in nearly ever aspect, with added luxury upgrades. Its starting around 23K, which is actually amazing for a little luxury car. Its highest trim is going to be somewhere between 26K-29K, which for god knows what reason will be in the same price range as the highest ford focus trim. Personally, this lil bugger is on my radar after I'm done paying off the Cruze since I love little compacts so much. It's supposed to bring a Turbocharged engine in the next year or so.. which dealing with a turbo now I don't think I'm ever going back . Thoughts?

Ohh btw, the gas mileage is rather disappointing... 22/31 but lighter than a Malibu... It may be an exceeder because I don't really know how that makes sense since they are using the same 2.4 cyl engine.

Pay attention to the interior.. they could be a bit more subtle with their flat out rip off the Cruze -_-
    Last edited by ErikBEggs; 10-02-2011 at 01:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    I think it's a hot little car but I'm disappointed by the MPG ratings at 21/31. The larger Buick Regal manages 20/32 and will soon have a model that gets 26/37.

If I had a shorter commute, I might have held out for this car to get those nice extra touches. The starting price ($22,585) is better than I was expecting.
    2012 LTZ RS - Black Granite Metallic

Off-Road Champion
    I think the MPG estimates are off since the car hasn't officially been released. Situations like these are usually when cars exceed it because it makes no sense for a lighter car than the Malibu with underbody panels for reduced noise to somehow lose MPG with the same engine...? I bet the smaller turbo will have slightly better ratings. More excited about that 258 ft-lb torque at 2000 RPM on a luxury "Cruze"

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

As I mentioned in the other post... not as good looking as the Cruze or the Regal (and a long way away from the Lacrosse)... But i'm curious to see what standard toys it comes with.

Off-Road Champion
    I think from the front its better looking than the Cruze I just can't stand those ugly wheels its bland-looking rear end. It has a very attractive price range though. Seriously, a base Verano is the same price as a Cruze 2LT? Hmmm...

They definitiely will need to up the fuel economy though.. If the bigger LaCrosse is getting 5 more MPG with the same sized engine this thing won't sell to anyone

Handbrake Released
    i hope the bolt pattern is the same as those cruze. i would love to have those wheels!
    2011 Chevy Cruze LS with connectivity package in Black Granite Metallic.
    -Blacked out bowties
    -20% tint all around
    -LED dome lights
    -Blacked out Chrome and center console trim.

Driver's Ed
    If people look at the Verano as an upscale Cruze, the fuel economy will have to do better than what they are currently stating (it's up on the buick.com website now as 21/31).

However, in all fairness to the Verano, it's not really trying to compete with the Cruze, Focus, Elantra, etc. It is competing with the S40, TSX, A3, 1-series, and IS250 - and those cars have mileage estimates around the same or worse than the Verano. I traded in a TSX for my Cruze and I generally got around 24-25mpg combined in that car.

I think the only way to give the Verano any edge (other than the aggressive price point) over these other models is to bump the fuel economy up, so hopefully within a year or so they will do what they did with the Regal and find a way to increase it substantially.
    2012 LTZ RS - Black Granite Metallic

looks nice, but yes I agree with others, the mpg is a let down, whether or not its competition is getting that low mpg too
    11 Chevy Cruze ECO Silver Ice Metallic (Delivered 5/20/11)

09 Chevy Cobalt SS (Traded)

I would not pay 24-29K for anything with a N/A 2.4L Ecotec motor. Now let me see the letters "LNF" somewhere on there and I'd definitely consider 29K for that. I need to look a bit more at this model though. The previous things I saw o. It had me impressed but that was when they were talking 2.0T

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

I just can't get past how fugly the back end of the car is. Chrome "eyebrows"... come on.
    2012ltzrs bgr/blk/brk all options Mods- 35% aar tint/50% ws, k&n intake, blk billet bowties, led tails, 6k ddm hid head/fogs, 6k int/ext lighting, chr/ss plate frame, curt hitch, wt drk visors, husky mats/liner klearz drk/smk markers, trifecta tuned Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)