Items needed
Psi gauge at least 20 psi
1/4” hose
Air hose connector to air supply

To test for boost leaks you will need a psi gauge that will test at least 20 psi and that you can read accurately. I used a “T” junction and 1/4” hose, and one of the 1/4 inch hose I slipped over the connective end of an air sprayer

Connect one end of a hose in the “T” junction to the end of the air nozzle. The other end will be connected behind the intake. If you have a bright light you can see it, it’s directly behind the intake where the black plastic from the inter cooler meets the throttle body. To remove the connector that is attached you can see a green clip that slides upwards towards the hood, it stands out very easily (didn’t get a picture but it’s bright green), make sure to hold this tightly as its springy and likes to shoot off under the car (learned from experience).

Next you want to disconnect the intake tubing directly attached to the left side of the turbo. It’s very easy to do, just use a flathead or 7mm socket with extension.

Now you’ll need to seal the Inlet for the turbo you just opened. I took an inner tube for old style trailer wheels and cut out a section and a hose clamp, and you’ll close off the turbo inlet.

Now you are all set to boost leak test! Either squeeze the air nozzle very gently until the gauge reads 20 psi (or valve or whatever control device you use to control airflow through your gauge into the back of the throttle body). You want to get it to 20 PSI and then listen. You will hear whistling if there are any leaks. The system will not perfectly hold 20 psi, but you want it to take between 25/30 seconds at least before going from 20psi to 10psi on the gauge, that way you know your system will hold boost properly.

If I missed anything or anyone has any questions, let me know. This is my first tutorial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk