finally decided to try the tune..
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: finally decided to try the tune..

I finally got around to installing my tune.
    First impression was: holy ****...
    I feel like it has too much surge with very very very light throttle...
    I'm hoping it smooths out as it learns my driving...
    Also had to relearn my shifting habits so I'm not riding the clutch since the throttle is like its attached to a cable now.
    Currently running 89.
    I just dont like the fact that as soon as you lightly touch the gas, BANG, massive acceleration.
    It seems like the tune wants to be on all the time and backs off gradually when it sees you arent trying to be tony Stewart.
    I'm going to give it a try this week and see how much it kills my fuel econ.
    Got the new plugs coming tomorrow, after that I will datalog..
    2012 cruze eco, mt, 98,000mi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    That's the same thing I noticed. Its like on constantly unless you really feather the throttle. It does pull a lot harder now though when I need it too. However if its wet out the wheel spin very easily. So far it seems mpg might be going down a little since its so aggressive.

Super Moderator
    You need to be running 93 octane and plug gap at .028. I have been down this road and taking care of your plugs will clear up the surge along with 93 octane gas. See my thread:

• https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/10-po...ne-my-eco.html Prior to this I installed and uninstalled for surging problems but 93, my plugs and using the select a tune when only on the highway "cruising" helps a lot or at least it solved my problems. The get the upgrade if eligible As cruze2011white says it does take a little getting used to(not needing to get in the accelerator so much!
    Last edited by Patman; 12-07-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    Pat T. Patman
    '13 Cruze LT/RS (6-sp) my DD • '14 Cruze LT son's DD
    '12 Cruze Eco • '11 Cruze LS(First Cruze)
    '07 Civic • '02 Olds Alero GLS 4dr 5 spd
    '99 Olds Cutlass
    '96 Beretta, Eagle Summit, 92 Achieva SC (First New Car) and 1957 MGA Father's car I restored.
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

Datalog then send the file back to trifecta. This is how you rid the on/off switch throttle and dial the tune to your vehicle. After you send the log, go back to stock tune unless you just want to see how much longer you can try and tame the wild beast.

Once you get that 2nd file back, avoid stabbing the pedal as this activates the PAL to give it the beans. The new(new) file after Datalog, I can rev 3-4k and not be outside of Eco(granted mpg is not "eco" at 4k).
    Last edited by Merc6; 12-07-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    Patman likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Now I am nervous! I just received my cable and was going to try the install tomorrow. I drive with a very light foot. I hope this will work for me.
    Buy Made in USA products! Keep US working!

Hidden Content

Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzieCruze View Post
    Now I am nervous! I just received my cable and was going to try the install tomorrow. I drive with a very light foot. I hope this will work for me.
    Not to be nervous unless you are always stomping down to get the car to go fast. 1st file you get, have someone help you Datalog then send the file back. You can use the stock tune file to go back to before the tune until they send the updated tune for your car based on the Datalog you sent in.
    Mo Cruze likes this.
    Hidden Content

2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

I drive with a light foot as well.
    Hopefully the 2nd tune will come back good.
    2012 cruze eco, mt, 98,000mi.

Super Moderator
    There is nothing to be nervous about. You will enjoy the new power. I know I do! I am happy I reinstalled my tune. I was thinking yesterday while driving around with the tune installed, it is running so well I may not even use a corrected tune that was offered on older tunes esp bought last year in the group buy. Just drive normally and make sure your plugs are at .028 and use 93 octane fuel and you should be good. Data log the install and you will be taken care of.
    Pat T. Patman
    '13 Cruze LT/RS (6-sp) my DD • '14 Cruze LT son's DD
    '12 Cruze Eco • '11 Cruze LS(First Cruze)
    '07 Civic • '02 Olds Alero GLS 4dr 5 spd
    '99 Olds Cutlass
    '96 Beretta, Eagle Summit, 92 Achieva SC (First New Car) and 1957 MGA Father's car I restored.
    Hidden Content

Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    There is nothing to be nervous about. You will enjoy the new power. I know I do! I am happy I reinstalled my tune. I was thinking yesterday while driving around with the tune installed, it is running so well I may not even use a corrected tune that was offered on older tunes esp bought last year in the group buy. Just drive normally and make sure your plugs are at .028 and use 93 octane fuel and you should be good.

New tune is more powerful, only thing is there is no more select a tune. Most of us used that as a crutch, after a while we would just leave it on race and drive "better" so the tine file was always there when we needed it. I turned it on every now and then but something about the cruise control light being on just bothers me.
    Hidden Content

Same boat here, I feather foot the throttle 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc6 View Post
    Not to be nervous unless you are always stomping down to get the car to go fast. 1st file you get, have someone help you Datalog then send the file back. You can use the stock tune file to go back to before the tune until they send the updated tune for your car based on the Datalog you sent in.
    Hoping I don't have to datalog as I bought the budget tune...
    2014 Black Granite Metallic Cruze Eco MT.
    - Tint 35% front and 18% rear. -TOTALED 11/4/14

2014 Black Granite Metallic Cruze Eco MT.- ​Current
    -Tinted 20% all the way around
    -Trifecta Advantage Tune
    -Rockford Fosgate P3S 12" Shallow mount & RF P300-1 Amplifier
    -Plastidipped wheels & Bowties

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)