2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues - Page 23
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: 2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by ownerof2011cruze View Post
    New intake manifold removal video on youtube

https://youtu.be/CRY62-mc_zI
    i've done this before - but thanks for posting this. should come in handy for future reference in this thread!
    2014 Silverado
    2014 Cruze
    1999 Trans AM
    1998 Formula
    1989 TTA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Bought a 2015 2LT last weekend, within 2 days there was burning smell in the cabin and a bunch of oil leakage from the crankcase. Dealership replaced the valve cover and an o-ring in the oil filler. I looked at the PCV system this morning and found the check valve was also missing. I'm taking it to a nearby Chevy dealer this week, who I expect to replace the intake manifold under warranty, knowing it will probably fail again in the future. Is there a general estimated lifespan for a new installation of this valve? It's out of warranty next year, and after it goes again I'll probably put in the fix kit.

Just replaced my PCV hose with the AC Delco part. The hose was very fouled with oil and not only was the valve failed, I discovered someone had previously made this expert repair on the old one:
    pcvhose.jpg

the hose was cut, an inch-long segment of rubber tubing inserted between the two sections, and the whole thing was wrapped up with black tape.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    I had my intake manifold and valve cover replaced when I was under warranty but now that I'm 60k over 100k it's whistling again. It's sucking in air at the diaphragm and I'm missing the orange nipple. Do I need the kit (which I already ordered) and the new valve cover?thanks.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by digiSal View Post
    I had my intake manifold and valve cover replaced when I was under warranty but now that I'm 60k over 100k it's whistling again. It's sucking in air at the diaphragm and I'm missing the orange nipple. Do I need the kit (which I already ordered) and the new valve cover?thanks.
    I would definitely replace the valve cover and install the kit. The valve cover is what failed first. The intake manifold isn't far behind if it hasn't already failed.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content
    Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Thank you. I've ordered the kit and the valve cover. Anything we can do to prevent the valve cover from going bad? Will the kit help?

Driver's Ed
    Xtreme, thank you for your expertise and all of the information you post on this subject. I had the same issues; check engine light, running bad, oil in places it shouldn't be, etc. I quickly found the bad valve cover diaphragm and then the missing check valve in the manifold. I'm new to this forum and started reading a lot of info on here in search of a permanent solution.

If I wasn't in a rush to get this fixed, I would have ordered your kit but couldn't wait for shipping. So, I was able to re-create it, more or less based on the info you have made public. I ordered check valve from McMaster Carr and got the next day and got to work. A few trips to Ace Hardware for fittings and I was in business. I replaced the valve cover and with the manifold mod, the car is running great and no check engine lights.

I tapped into the Evap/purge connector rather than the brake booster because it was just easier (seemed easier at the time anyway) with what I had to work with.

Learning about my Cruze
    Does this apply to non turbo engines? My car started throwing codes, PCV, knock sensor and cylinder 4 misfire. Took care of all three things and got the knock sensor code again. Car runs like crap, engine ticks and hesitates when accelerating.

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Does this apply to non turbo engines? My car started throwing codes, PCV, knock sensor and cylinder 4 misfire. Took care of all three things and got the knock sensor code again. Car runs like crap, engine ticks and hesitates when accelerating.
    What model do you have? The LT/Eco/LTZ have the 1.4 turbo; the hydraulic lash adjusters have been known to fail, throw knock sensor codes, and make a ton of noise.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    What model do you have? The LT/Eco/LTZ have the 1.4 turbo; the hydraulic lash adjusters have been known to fail, throw knock sensor codes, and make a ton of noise.
    2014 LT, any tips on how to fix?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now