2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues - Page 24
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

    Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 244
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: 2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

  1. #231
    Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad
    jblackburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    16,332
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    2014 LT, any tips on how to fix?
    Change the oil, try an engine flush, or some oil additives to try to restore oil pressure to the failed lifter.

    If all that fails, it can be replaced, but it's fairly involved surgery. Is the car out of the 5 yr /100k powertrain warranty now?
    CHEVYCRUZE RS likes this.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #232
    Learning about my Cruze
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Change the oil, try an engine flush, or some oil additives to try to restore oil pressure to the failed lifter.

    If all that fails, it can be replaced, but it's fairly involved surgery. Is the car out of the 5 yr /100k powertrain warranty now?
    Just had an oil change, the issues seemed to start right after the oil change. Put some valve medic in that helped for a minute but now it's back to ticking and such. It only has 56K miles but is out of the 5 year

  4. #233
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    44
    After months of my Cruze suffering from needing a new valve cover (ruff idle and all the codes listed here) and a V2 fix kit, i finally got everything together and got it done, rplaced both the valve cover and added the V2 kit to my intake.
    The difference is night and day in how my Cruze runs now.
    However, in my reinstalling the manifold and securing everything i ended up with a small black hose with green strips hanging in the very rear of the manifold and i must have broken off the plastic nipple for a portion of it was still in the hose.
    After extensive looking i was unable to find where it plugs into, so i trimmed it a bit, installed a screw to stop air loss and secured it..
    My question is, does anyone know where this hose plugs into?
    Since there are more than 1 black hoses with a green stripe i am adding a picture of the one i know is installed correctly. (Passenger side looking down just behind and below the fuel rail, this one is secured properly,. So it's the hose that is behind the intake and below, that i am unable to figure out.
    Any ideas would be appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #234
    Handbrake Released Thebigzeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennyps View Post
    After months of my Cruze suffering from needing a new valve cover (ruff idle and all the codes listed here) and a V2 fix kit, i finally got everything together and got it done, rplaced both the valve cover and added the V2 kit to my intake.
    The difference is night and day in how my Cruze runs now.
    However, in my reinstalling the manifold and securing everything i ended up with a small black hose with green strips hanging in the very rear of the manifold and i must have broken off the plastic nipple for a portion of it was still in the hose.
    After extensive looking i was unable to find where it plugs into, so i trimmed it a bit, installed a screw to stop air loss and secured it..
    My question is, does anyone know where this hose plugs into?
    Since there are more than 1 black hoses with a green stripe i am adding a picture of the one i know is installed correctly. (Passenger side looking down just behind and below the fuel rail, this one is secured properly,. So it's the hose that is behind the intake and below, that i am unable to figure out.
    Any ideas would be appreciated!
    I think you may be talking about this: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...valve-55587751

    Reason I am guessing that is because I broke the plastic nipple off mine when installing the kit and had to go get a new one. Also, if this is what you broke, I don't think i'd be driving it, this tells the valve on the turbo when to release the pressure if i'm not mistaken.

    Attachment 271141

  7. #235
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    44
    Thank you for the time! The small hose that wraps around from the turbo which goes through that solenoid and to a hise with a green stripe is intact and hooked up properly "see my pic" the hose in question is completely in the back of the intake manifold. The new code i will get and post today

  8. #236
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3
    Hey everyone, my Cruze threw P0171 last week. I looked into the intake manifold and sure enough, the orange check valve was missing. I replaced the intake, valve cover, and PCV hose, but now I'm getting a loud whistling from the new PCV/valve cover and a rough idle. Did I get a bad valve cover, or did I **** up something during the install?

    Part numbers I got:
    Valve cover: 25198877
    Manifold: 25200449
    PCV hose: 25193343

  9. #237
    Handbrake Released Thebigzeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by mRahmani View Post
    Hey everyone, my Cruze threw P0171 last week. I looked into the intake manifold and sure enough, the orange check valve was missing. I replaced the intake, valve cover, and PCV hose, but now I'm getting a loud whistling from the new PCV/valve cover and a rough idle. Did I get a bad valve cover, or did I **** up something during the install?

    Part numbers I got:
    Valve cover: 25198877
    Manifold: 25200449
    PCV hose: 25193343
    Is it coming from the valve cover? Does it stop if you put your finger over it?

  10. #238
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebigzeus View Post
    Is it coming from the valve cover? Does it stop if you put your finger over it?
    It doesn't completely stop, but if I put my thumb over the PCV vent thing it's much quieter.

    EDIT: Solved it! Valve cover gasket wasn't aligned right all the way around, there was a leak right behind the PCV vent. Not sure why this was causing the vent to whistle as opposed to the poor seal itself, but easy enough to fix.
    Last edited by mRahmani; 05-22-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Thebigzeus likes this.

  11. #239
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4
    If the PCV caused my oil pan to leak. Would fixing the PCV also fix the oil pan leak? Or is the oil pan gasket now damaged?

  12. #240
    Handbrake Released Thebigzeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by tswacruze View Post
    If the PCV caused my oil pan to leak. Would fixing the PCV also fix the oil pan leak? Or is the oil pan gasket now damaged?
    Mine was resealed after the fix kit was installed, if it were me I'd re seal it. The dealer used some silicone that is gray colored on mine as well as around the valve cover.
    Last edited by Thebigzeus; 05-31-2019 at 10:21 AM.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Similar Threads

  1. GM 1.4L Turbo Intake Manifold PCV Valve Fix Kits
    By XtremeRevolution in forum Gen1 1.4L Turbo
    Replies: 516
    Last Post: 06-19-2019, 06:37 PM
  2. How-To: Remove 2011-2016 Cruze 1.4L Intake Manifold
    By XtremeRevolution in forum Gen1 Engine/Transmission Tutorials
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-22-2019, 03:42 AM
  3. 2012 1.4T valve cover/pcv recall
    By dirt dauber in forum Gen1 Service Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2018, 02:14 PM
  4. More PCV and valve cover goodness
    By titan2782 in forum Gen1 1.4L Turbo
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-23-2016, 10:08 PM
  5. Valve cover woes and PCV
    By flyingvee in forum Gen1 1.4L Turbo
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2016, 04:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2