What temperature should the Cruze be running at?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What temperature should the Cruze be running at?

nds76 is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze

2012 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L/Turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Anywhere from 190-225F is normal 1.4T operating range. The electronically controlled thermostat varies temperature based on ambient conditions and engine load.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Anywhere from 190-225F is normal 1.4T operating range. The electronically controlled thermostat varies temperature based on ambient conditions and engine load.

In addition, while the Cruze is in this range the temperature gauge needle won't move.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

nds76 is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze
    Thanks, mine has been fluctuating up to 238 then down then up. Cleaned the negative battery cable and terminal but still fluctuates.
    2012 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L/Turbo

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by nds76 View Post
    Thanks, mine has been fluctuating up to 238 then down then up. Cleaned the negative battery cable and terminal but still fluctuates.
    That can happen when low speed of the fan burns out and it defaults to only high-off-high.

You can check low speed by attempting to switch on the AC. It should run on low speed and not sound like a jet trying to take off.

2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'm looking at adding a temperature gauge if the one on the dash cannot do any better. After having water pump replaced and various coolant losses for other reasons, I have had my DIC read up to 246 degrees, and the needle on the dash has never moved past the first hash mark to the left of the center temperature hash. I've been told that the factory gauge is programmed to act as it does, which I find ridiculous.

Driver's Ed
    Sorry, I’m new to the forum and and not quite sure how to use it, but @jblackburn I believe that is what has happened to my 2012 Cruze LT. Recently I noticed that my air has to be on 4 to really do anything and it does sound like a jet engine taking off. It’s been like that for a couple of weeks, and today with the colder temperatures I notice steam or smoke coming from the radiator/fan area but my coolant level is fine and my coolant temp was 208. How do I fix this?
    Thanks in advance

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by JJ24 View Post
    Sorry, I’m new to the forum and and not quite sure how to use it, but @jblackburn I believe that is what has happened to my 2012 Cruze LT. Recently I noticed that my air has to be on 4 to really do anything and it does sound like a jet engine taking off. It’s been like that for a couple of weeks, and today with the colder temperatures I notice steam or smoke coming from the radiator/fan area but my coolant level is fine and my coolant temp was 208. How do I fix this?
    Thanks in advance
    The steam is normal...just what these cars do in cold, damp conditions when that water hits the hot radiator.

If the fan goes straight to high speed when the AC compressor is running, it is likely the whole fan assembly at the front of the car needs to be changed. The resistor has gone bad, which is only sold as part of the whole assembly.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)