Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Loss of Power and codes

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  2014 Encore 
#1 ·
2012 Cruze LT with 1.4L and AT.

Driving home Thursday night, I had a severe loss of power. I could tell the turbo wasn't adding anything. I drove the rest of the way home and put the scanner on the car. The car didn't put up an SES light on the dash, but it did throw 2 codes.
P0238, and p2227.

I did not clear the codes.

The car sat unused Fri, Sat, and Sun. I decided what the heck, and drove it to work today.

Low and behold, the power was back. I didn't pop the hood, check any hoses or connectors. I didn't do a thing except get in the car and drive it. I drive about 55 miles 1 way and I was getting into the gas on and off the whole time. The turbo kicked in every time. Its back to driving like it did Thursday morning.

Now, last week my car was in the shop for a coolant leak. I had a hole in the radiator and it was leaking about a 1/2 gal a month.
I had the radiator replaced and 4 new tires (not relevant) put on.
If any of my ECM, Turbo, Vacuum, PCV, etc connections were loosened up when the radiator was changed, I would think the car would have thrown the codes earlier than it did.
for reference, I picked up the car at the shop in the morning on 10/15/18, and it lost power and threw the codes on Thursday evening 10/18/18.

I really have no idea what would cause this, and why did it go back to normal after sitting for a few days?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Andy

See less See more
#2 ·
Reseat the connector to the pre-throttle body pressure sensor (Baro).
Its at the top of that intake charge pipe, very easy to access.

P0238 can be triggered by a P2227 fault

#4 ·
2012 Cruze LT with 1.4L and MT

Did you find anything that resolved this issue?

At 3800 RPM, whether I'm in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, the power drops out considerably. I'm assuming that the turbo is just shutting down. I've had considerable work done, including a new turbo.

Any ideas? I'll get my son's diagnostic code reader and post the code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.