Intake manifold redesigned? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Intake manifold redesigned?

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebigzeus View Post
    Hey, at least Dorman cares and attempts to fix it, gotta respect it (when GM won't). It's also easier than drilling holes, using epoxy, cleaning the manifold, etc. Drop in and go, yes it costs a ton more, but to the right person...
    To each his own, but at least I will not be doing the replacement more than once.
    Thebigzeus likes this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    To each his own, but at least I will not be doing the replacement more than once.
    But if the Dorman intake manifold fixes the problem, why not use that product? Especially if it won't void your warranty unlike the Fix Kit. Also, if your car is under warranty and you find a dealer that will "bandaid" repair the issue (even if using another faulty intake manifold), that's money not spent for the short term of things. I'd agree with going the Fix Kit route AFTER the car is out of warranty IMO.

And like one person said, take out, drop in and go. Sometimes it's not always about cost, convenience or otherwise. Indeed, to each their own.

I've seen the same Dorman part number on Ebay as well. I haven't yet compared the Dorman part number to the OEM one but I think the OEM is an AC Delco part. Don't know the AC Delco part number but it's on the GM Parts Direct website.

Has anyone attempted to check out the Dorman part to see if it actually corrects the OEM faults?
    Last edited by Heijoshin; 05-31-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Driver's Ed
    Actually, the Dorman website has the OEM part numbers for the OEM manifold listed on their page with the redesign.

Might be a good idea to persuade your dealer to use that part if you're right at the end of your warranty.

OE Part Numbers listed are: 25200449, 55577314, 55581014

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Heijoshin View Post
    But if the Dorman intake manifold fixes the problem, why not use that product? Especially if it won't void your warranty unlike the Fix Kit. Also, if your car is under warranty and you find a dealer that will "bandaid" repair the issue (even if using another faulty intake manifold), that's money not spent for the short term of things. I'd agree with going the Fix Kit route AFTER the car is out of warranty IMO.

And like one person said, take out, drop in and go. Sometimes it's not always about cost, convenience or otherwise. Indeed, to each their own.

I've seen the same Dorman part number on Ebay as well. I haven't yet compared the Dorman part number to the OEM one but I think the OEM is an AC Delco part. Don't know the AC Delco part number but it's on the GM Parts Direct website.

Has anyone attempted to check out the Dorman part to see if it actually corrects the OEM faults?
    Well, I don't recall saying anything about not going to the dealer under warranty, I would also use any warranty left first, but installing the kit does not void your warranty and it permanently fixes the problem. For the moment, I will have to trust that Dorman actually made a design change, but it is still unproven at this time. The kit is, so I stand by my original statement.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Heijoshin View Post

If your car is under warranty, why are you throwing on an aftermarket part? Let the dealer deal with it. The fix kit won't void your warranty; no modification will unless the dealer can prove that the modification caused the problem, and in this case, ALL factory PCV functions have been retained.

The Dorman intake is plagued with the same problem; a little check valve you can't service. They say that they put something behind it so it doesn't disappear, but that doesn't mean anything; that simply means you'll see it since the service manual's diagnosis on this issue is entirely visual. That doesn't mean it works. I've had people with less than 100k miles inspect their issue according to MY instructions (per my video on youtube) and found that they had no crankcase vacuum because that check valve was stuck, and their car was burning oil. Furthermore, I've had people who had the check valve in place but it was leaking badly and creating a boost leak that resulted in reduced efficiency. In both cases, the GM diagnosis procedure would have given it a "pass," but it would still have been broken and in need of replacement.

The design is garbage. Replacing the intake manifold with another using the same design is at best a short term solution that still costs you more than what is proving to be a permanent fix. Might not be a bad idea if you just want to get rid of the vehicle soon and want to put as little effort into it as possible, but even then, my kit is about half the cost.
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content
    Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Thanks Xtreme- I am starting to get consistent failure and need to take it to a local dealer. My unfounded feeling- just based on previous dealer encounters over many years- is that it won't get fixed.
    However will try the warranty path first.

In the long term, it looks like I will need to do the modification.

Group B Rally Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KurtK View Post
    Thanks Xtreme- I am starting to get consistent failure and need to take it to a local dealer. My unfounded feeling- just based on previous dealer encounters over many years- is that it won't get fixed.
    However will try the warranty path first.

In the long term, it looks like I will need to do the modification.
    Ask if you can get the old part back. Then you can pre-mod it so it's ready when needed.
    Thebigzeus likes this.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyGuy View Post
    Ask if you can get the old part back. Then you can pre-mod it so it's ready when needed.
    Thanks- great idea.
    2014 Cruze LTZ Black Granite
    2002 Camaro SS SE coupe Bright Rally Red
    1994 Corvette coupe Polo Green
    2004 Volvo XC90 T6 Blue

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)