Trifecta Tune
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums Ė General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Trifecta Tune

MattJensen is offline [OP]

Trifecta Tune

I have a 2014 Cruze Eco 6MT and Iím strongly considering getting a Trifecta Advantage tune, in hopes that itíll wake the car up a little more and make it a little easier to get up to speed; especially when merging onto the freeway. Iím on the fence about getting the tune because Iíve heard a lot of good things about the BNR tune, but itís going to end up being significantly more expensive and it seems to be more geared towards those who plan on heavily modding their engines. I plan on keeping my engine stock, aside from the K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake I currently have installed. Does anybody have any experience with the Trifecta Advantage tune in their manual Cruze? Would I be better off spending the extra money and going for the BNR tune? Iíve heard some good and some bad about the Trifecta tune, which has left me skeptical. Iíve never heard a bad thing about the tuning service offered by BNR, but the price is the only turn off for me. Any thoughts or opinions on the matter would be greatly appreciated. As Iíd really like to get a little bit more power out of my sluggish Cruze.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MattJensen; 04-17-2019 at 09:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze Thebigzeus's Avatar
    I recently got a BNR and have not been too pleased with their response time. It’s a week per message. I guess for $550 I expected more... I am running their base tune now, and the car has a lot more power, tires break loose in 2nd gear when it shifts(its an automatic)
    MattJensen likes this.

Driver's Ed
    I dont think either companys that responsive. They want to take your $$ & want u to just trust the code they write. Trifecta refused to write me a tune raising my rpm to 6700 so i didnt buy it.
    MattJensen likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigzeus View Post
    I recently got a BNR and have not been too pleased with their response time. Itís a week per message. I guess for $550 I expected more... I am running their base tune now, and the car has a lot more power, tires break loose in 2nd gear when it shifts(its an automatic)
    Thatís kind of the trend Iíve been seeing recently. Seems like both Trifecta and BNR are a little slow with response times, they must be busy. I probably wouldnít be asking for retunes often with BNR, Iíd just want one mild tune and Iíd just run that tune most of the time. But BNR seems to be very performance oriented, Iím not looking to push my Cruze too hard because it was never really built to push large amounts of power. That being said, Iím looking for a more mild tune so that Iíll have a little more power without jeopardizing reliability - as Iíve had a lot of engine related problems so far.

Quote Originally Posted by williscu View Post
    I dont think either companys that responsive. They want to take your $$ & want u to just trust the code they write. Trifecta refused to write me a tune raising my rpm to 6700 so i didnt buy it.
    Thatís what Iíve heard so far, unfortunately. I wouldnít be asking for any special requests, just for a little more power so I donít think Iíd run into that issue; Iíve never even been up to the redline. But Iím guessing it was a liability issue, as they didnít want you to end up damaging your engine.

Driver's Ed
    I'm planning on the regular advantage tune from Trifecta. From everything I've read, their tunes are reliable and are hidden from factory checks. I have an auto, so the transmission update will be welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7
    MattJensen likes this.

Driver's Ed
    I had the Trifecta tune for years and I can't drive without it. I'm not a modder but this made my 2011 Cruze drivable. if you have every thing stock, just go for the basic tune from trifecta.
    MattJensen likes this.

Drag Racing Champion
    I tried the tune. I can live without it.

Driver's Ed
    I have the Trifectia Advantage tune on my 2012 Manual Cruze and I love it. brought some life into that little 1.4.
    MattJensen likes this.

BNR response times are 5-7 business days currently. If you need something faster though, all you have to do is email [email protected] and we'll get to you usually the same day.

BNR also just partnered with Affirm, so you can buy now and pay over time if that's something you're interested in.
    MattJensen likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Performance Parts and Custom Automotive Tuning

Cruze 1.4T LUV/LUJ: +70HP +100TQ
    Cruze 1.4T LE2: +63HP +92TQ

MAKE SURE TO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL OUR NEW PROJECTS!

Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)