2012 Cruze 1.4 Map Readin wrong?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 Cruze 1.4 Map Readin wrong?

Driver's Ed

2012 Cruze 1.4 Map Readin wrong?

Ok so my Cruze falls on its face at high engine load like in 3rd-6th gear and I hooked up to a scan tool to check if there was codes and no codes so I looked at live data and my map sensor is reading 14 hg at idle and 50 hg at full throttle pulls I think those readings are wrong for a stock car replaced o2 sensors still does it maf is like a month old. I converted 50 hg to psi on Google and it says 50 hg is 24 psi of boost so I think that is a little high for stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Should be about 16psi stock.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Driver's Ed
    So I'm wondering if my map sensor is reading wrong then because 50 hg equals to 24 psi and that is what the ecm is showing the map is reading at wot 3rd gear pulls with hesitation like it falls 9n its face I thought maybe the wastage was stuck closed not allowing it to open up causing the turbo to over boost

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    My car was also doing this I was getting around 40-70hg at idle when it should be between 18-22 hg at idle. (not sure how different with a mild tune.) Under load it was going to 100-130hg, I do believe. You can also see in the data log I am boosting at 100-115 PSI. I had replaced the MAP sensor and cleaned all the sensors and that didn't work I tried looking for all kind of leaks and found nothing then I found that the cracks were a bit bigger then normal in my turbo exhaust housing and the waste gate pin was sticking. I would defiantly look into this. Go check out what my turbo looked and sounded like there's picture and a video here.
    https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-g...ake-turbo.html
    Also if you can download EFIlive, I'll add my data log of when the car was acting up and you can see the MAP sensor is way off also the long term and short term fuel trims were off but I don't know if I caught that in this log or not. I was getting codes for a lean condition then it switch to a rich condition. Do you know if spark plug gap being off could cause lean or rich conditions? I came to the conclusion that this was the issue because I was getting codes for rich and lean conditions at different time so I am thinking this was either when the wastegate was sticking open or sticking closed. Also I have a 2014 1LT with Auto trans. My car was also falling flat on it's face in higher gears and rpms then started getting a surging/chugging idle.

I wasn't sure how to get the .efi file on here so I just used mediafire if you'd like to view this can download it here https://www.mediafire.com/file/rp2ez..._0045.efi/file and you will need the EFIlive and can get it here, EFILive - The Latest - Download EFILive . I would suggest taking a look at your wastegate pin.

Last edited by Knapman; 04-20-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Driver's Ed
    I replaced the cat thinking it was clogged causing the problems I have but no change but now the code that keeps coming back is p1101 maf is like 4 months old

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)