3-4k rpm bucking, weird data record?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3-4k rpm bucking, weird data record?

3-4k rpm bucking, weird data record?

Ok so ive madea thread on this before but the issue is getting worse, dealer wont even look at it without a CEL at this point. Under load SOMETIMES it feels like a miss for a few seconds then it returns to normal. Was and is mostly between 3-4k rpm and likes it around 45mph. It has started doing it in all speed ranges at this point. Started after pcv system went and dealer replaced cam cover and intake mani. Here comes the weird part, ive been data logging it for days, dealer logged it and the miss fire counters are very low no higher than 15 for a long trip everything on log looks normal up untill this point where i got something ive neber seen before a break in all data at the same time (pic attached). First question what the heck is up with that break in data and is it nomal? Second question what coould be the cause of the bucking if its. "not" missing?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Not sure on the data traces, but how old are your plugs and what are the gaps? You could begetting spark blowout, don't think that registers as a misfire and wouldn't throw a code. As easy as they are to get to they'd bethe first thing I would check.

1st Gear
    ground might be loose/bad.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Check/reduce plug gaps. It always happened right around 4k for me when the gaps opened up too much on my 2012.

Stock gap is .028". Reduce slightly (.024" or so) for a hot tune.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Every Chevy Cruze of the 2014 vintage with a 1.4l turbo engine WILL experience the following problem eventually:

The #4 plug to coil wire will corrode and cause miss fires. It will be very random at first and then get worse. The coil assembly has the very short plug wires somewhat integral to the coil assy which sits on top of the plugs. Each plug is in a deep "hole" and the #4 plug hole seems to get water into it more frequently. If caught early its a cheap fix. Just replace the short wire. Otherwise the coil assembly connection for the #4 plug will also corrode and you'll need to replace the coil assy (about $90). On mine it happened at 130,000 miles. I do a lot of highway driving. It's easy to check, just be careful not to tear the plug boot while extracting the coil assy. May need to twist the boots first if you can reach. Otherwise you'll need to replace.

Handbrake Released
    ^ That happened to mine at 40k miles and I got it replaced under warranty but I didnt realize it was a common problem til now.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)