New BNR WGA and retune, holds 21+psi boost over 6000rpm but no more power...
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muz

Thread: New BNR WGA and retune, holds 21+psi boost over 6000rpm but no more power...

Muz
    Muz is offline [OP]

New BNR WGA and retune, holds 21+psi boost over 6000rpm but no more power...

Hi,

My boost used to drop from 22+psi to 15-16psi before 5000rpm and the torque followed the boost curve. Now with the new BNR WGA and retune the boost holds consistently over 21+psi over 6000rpm, but there is no more power top end. With the retune the stock injector duty cycle is up from 85%ish to over 95% sometimes and knock retard is up to highest of 14° which seems to be random too, usually about 6-8° here and there. There has always been KR but it has increased about 50%.

Any ideas why I'm not making more power? The only thing I can think of is the stock injectors can't keep up with proper fuel flow.

Can the maxed out injectors be causing the high KR too?

I have also recently installed a ZZP catless downpipe and ported the intake manifold. Max torque has not increased from before (over 220ft-lb (300nm) measured in EFILive) but the boost lag has reduced significantly. I also have the AEM CAI installed and NGK BKR7E V-Groove (Aussie version of V-Power I think) gapped to 22 thou. I'm running 98 octane BP Ultimate and after adding octane booster the knock retard didn't seem to change.

Also, the old tune still drops the boost to 15-16psi before 5000rpm. And the new tune with the OE WGA causes the boost to "wobble" at peak boost so the wastegate would be opening and closing repeatedly very quickly.

The timing is chain is a bit stretched so I'm wondering if that could cause false knock too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Muz...
    Last edited by Muz; 05-19-2019 at 01:40 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Muz
    Muz is offline [OP]
    Here are a couple of EFI logs. The first one (0064.efi) shows a spike to 14° KR.

Thanks for any help.

Muz...

https://ufile.io/p82ubfw5

https://ufile.io/kmj20r8w

Formula One Champion
    Have you sent data logs to BNR yet? Are all of your mods taken into consideration in your tune?
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Muz
    Muz is offline [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Have you sent data logs to BNR yet? Are all of your mods taken into consideration in your tune?
    Yes and yes. I thought I'd ask here too while awaiting a response...

Driver's Ed
    stock injectors maxed out . no fuel no power , lean burn more knock , who tuned this ?

Muz
    Muz is offline [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    stock injectors maxed out . no fuel no power , lean burn more knock , who tuned this ?
    Thanks for responding, BNR tuned...

Driver's Ed
    so they upped the boost on standard injectors and never said they would need uprated , what size are the standard injectors and whats the fuel pressure on this car ?

Muz
    Muz is offline [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    so they upped the boost on standard injectors and never said they would need uprated , what size are the standard injectors and whats the fuel pressure on this car ?
    ZZP website says stock injectors are 33# and I have read that they are 26 or 24LB. Also I think the fuel pressure is 43.5psi. And no advice about needing upgrade...
    johnny5 likes this.

Formula One Champion
    42lb Green Giants are next up
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Muz
    Muz is offline [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    42lb Green Giants are next up
    Yep, I ordered some last night...

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)