Oil and coolant leaks
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thebigzeus

Thread: Oil and coolant leaks

daptalms is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Oil and coolant leaks

G'Day Guys!

Really need some help please.

2011 Cruze 1.4 AT 123000 kms (76500 miles)

Recently noticed a drop in coolant level and upon looking under the hood noticed oil "leaking" around the water pump and front left area of the engine (photo attached). Crawled under the car and noticed the oil reservoir coated with oil and also signs of coolant on a piece of metal next to the oil tank. Nothing dripping onto the floor yet except a few drops of coolant. Fuel consumption has also increased by 10-15%.

My car has a history of P0171 (ongoing for more that 30000 kms). CEL comes on for about 150 kms and then goes off for anywhere between 300 to 900 kms.
    Orange nipple in intake manifold intact
    Orange diaphragm intact (no hissing or impact on idling when covered). Valve cover was replaced 3 years ago.

Purge solenoid valve is confirmed faulty (stuck open) I am trying to find a affordable replacement. Dealers here are quoting A$360 and the part number doesn't match the ones being sold in USA but looks exactly the same.

Long term fuel trim @ 26%

I have an OBD module so can get any info from there if it can help.

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Holden Cruze Sri-V
    1.4l Turbo AT
    106,000 Kms

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I see you're in Austrailia, but you definitely need two of these to stop that oil leak: https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-55592...23383660&psc=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ogNZDTGsdA

As far as the coolant leak it looks as if the thermostat has a leak somewhere around it, mine did recently too and I replaced it with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The Dorman replacement was built better and had thicker plastic than the original. You'll obviously have to find the links for your country, but hopefully this helps.

Purge valve in AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/TOOGOO-Emi...y&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    daptalms likes this.

Formula One Champion
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

daptalms is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Thank you both. I'll check and report back in a few days.
    Holden Cruze Sri-V
    1.4l Turbo AT
    106,000 Kms

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)