LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK - N140417 - Page 27
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK - N140417

Driver's Ed
    Well i'm off to look at some new cars, cant even drive this pos down to the store with out it over heating .Done taking it to the dealer just get get a nothing wrong with your car works fine and bye the way,here is you 200 dollar bill, car works fine for us enjoy your stay on the side of the freeway. I can not be the only one dealing with this problem. I'm sure chevy knows that there is a problem with this coolant system. why they don't have the dealers clued into what to look for is beyond me. I now for sure the next car wont have a 4 cylinder under the hood

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Well I gave up on getting this fixed. car has been traded in for something little bigger and faster and no turbo.

Driver's Ed

engine coolant water outlet

2012 1.4L Turbo LT RS been noticing a coolant leak over the last few months and this past weekend while changing oil I noticed low coolant level and looking around it looks like one of the seams on the engine coolant water outlet (plastic piece) on right side (if looking at the motor from the front) has a small crack. Has anyone else had issues with this part (ACDelco 15-11105)?

Thank you,
    Randy

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by notrubr View Post
    2012 1.4L Turbo LT RS been noticing a coolant leak over the last few months and this past weekend while changing oil I noticed low coolant level and looking around it looks like one of the seams on the engine coolant water outlet (plastic piece) on right side (if looking at the motor from the front) has a small crack. Has anyone else had issues with this part (ACDelco 15-11105)?

Thank you,
    Randy
    I *just* got my Eco back from having the water outlet replaced like 10 minutes ago. Covered under powertrain. '12 Cruze with 117k kms.

I had them print out the previous warranty work done. Lots of water pumps and camshaft covers!

Our 2012 Cruze has had a slow coolant leak. Dealer checked everything out about three months ago and did a pressure test and couldn't find anything. They added die and said bring back in two weeks. Did that and still nothing. Well a month later the tank was empty again and I noticed a wet spot on the driveway. Took it into the dealer and they found that the turbo coolant pipe was cracked and said that and the turbo are getting replaced. Glad it happened now. Cruze has 47k on it and the PTW will be up this September since it will be over 5 years old then. Still rocking the original water pump, which is what I thought it was.
    2002 Silverado Z71
    2014 Cruze Diesel Tungsten Metallic
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    I have a 2013 LT and received the "engine hot, ac off" message 7 days ago on the way to work. By the time I got to work I didn't have any coolant left. I was able to get it filled back up thanks to a friend, then took it to a mechanic for the $650 repair for a new water pump. This is before I found out how widespread the issue was. I'm hoping to get reimbursed by GM somehow. I just need to figure out the process of doing so.
    fl38583 likes this.

Driver's Ed
    Hi folks, i'm new here (just joined today) & i have 2012 Cruze Eco i bought just 20 December. About a month or so ago i found the low coolant problem with my car. But i found it because when i parked at the store & shut the car off i noticed steam that appeared to be coming from under the hood. i popped the hood very carefully & the steam quickly dissipated but i could NOT peg a precise source location. The coolant level in the overflow reservoir was definitely down some. Temp gauge was still in normal range, no idiot lights or anything. Got what i needed & headed home. Checked the manual for cooling system info & at least found out i needed special coolant so i'm glad i checked it & decided to get some so i could mix it & top it off the next day when the engine was cold. Did so & the level seems to have held up so far, no more steam incidents. i'll have to set up a log-in on the GM site so i can check for recalls, &c. i got a free carfax from the place i bought the car & it looked liked it had been serviced regularly & the carfax said there were not outstanding recalls on it. Who knows? Anyway it sounds like this is a pretty common, maybe even prevalent problem with these cars. If so, i sure hope GM figures it out. i have no dealer warranty so i don't want to go to a dealer just to have them top up my coolant. i've never seen coolant on the ground by the car or inside the car (though i get a coolant-like smell sometimes when the heater is on--i read the intro stuff & the info on that was pretty depressing). i had coolant dissipate in my 2 VW TDIs but only ever very slowly & VW said that it would 'consuume' coolant over tine. i never had to top them up much. This took a fair amount of coolant-water mixture. If there's an explanation and/or better yet a fix identified, hopefully we'll hear something from GM or maybe someone here will figure it out & post the info.
    Last edited by djlafond; 02-26-2018 at 12:49 AM.
    fl38583 likes this.

Driver's Ed
    My car (2012 Sonic LT 1.4L) has been losing coolant every few months. I just got done replacing the upper radiator hose since I could see coolant squirting out of it one day. I am hoping that finally fixed the issue, but if not, at least I have a better idea of what else to look for.

Driver's Ed
    it sound like the same code I had come up on my car 2014 1.4 cruze this weekend going to work in the rain. No Ac due to engine high engine temps. I check everything but no leak or steam and coolant was fine - I read a post here about the water pump but me and a co worker believe that the thermostat stuck open causing a low temp or not up to operating temperature and the code there so the user will not just drive it like that.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by fl38583 View Post
    it sound like the same code I had come up on my car 2014 1.4 cruze this weekend going to work in the rain. No Ac due to engine high engine temps. I check everything but no leak or steam and coolant was fine - I read a post here about the water pump but me and a co worker believe that the thermostat stuck open causing a low temp or not up to operating temperature and the code there so the user will not just drive it like that.
    Check your reservoir after it's cooled off. If the reservoir level is fine, it's probably your thermostat. If it's low, you have a leak, and it may be the reservoir hose (at the Water Outlet Housing). Just went through this last month.
    Chris

2014 Cruze Eco - Limo-tint (back doors, rear window, & top of windshield), blacked out bowties

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)