LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK - N140417
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

    Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 270
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK - N140417

  1. #1
    Eddy Cruze is online now [OP]
    World Rally Champion Eddy Cruze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,399

    LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK - N140417

    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Care View Post
    We understand that you liked the daily updates that the website offered, Eddy Cruze. We will be happy to scan your VIN for any open recalls. Please send us a PM with your VIN and we can keep you updated as well!

    Kristen A.
    Chevrolet Customer Care
    I really appreciate your help and was feeling quite good until I just woke up this morning. Now the Recall Center is back and a new Recall/Service Campaign is waiting for me. Not what I wanted to see?



    • VIN: 1G1
    • Results last updated: Aug 13, 2014

    YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE SUBJECT TO A RECALL. CALL THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED BELOW FOR YOUR MAKE OF VEHICLE.


    You can reach those numbers Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.

    We are making changes to our website that will soon provide more comprehensive information on recalls, but for now, please take the time to call to get the most current information.


    The following recalls have been found for your 2014 Chevrolet Cruze


    • VIN
    • Results last updated: Aug 13, 2014

    Recalls and/or programs for your vehicle in which repairs have not been completed are listed below.
    Safety & Non-Compliance Recalls

    What's this?


    Other Programs for Your Vehicle

    What's this?



    • GM Program #:
    • N140417



    • Date Issued:
    • Jul 14, 2014




    Program Title:
    LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK
    Program Description:
    Safety Risk Description:
    Repair Description:

    Program Status: INCOMPLETE
    Last edited by Eddy Cruze; 08-14-2014 at 11:48 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Chevy Customer Care's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Cruze View Post
    I really appreciate your help and was feeling quite good until I just woke up this morning. Now the Recall Center is back and a new Recall/Service Campaign is waiting for me. Not what I wanted to see?



    • VIN: 1G1
    • Results last updated: Aug 13, 2014

    YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE SUBJECT TO A RECALL. CALL THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED BELOW FOR YOUR MAKE OF VEHICLE.


    You can reach those numbers Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.

    We are making changes to our website that will soon provide more comprehensive information on recalls, but for now, please take the time to call to get the most current information.


    The following recalls have been found for your 2014 Chevrolet Cruze


    • VIN
    • Results last updated: Aug 13, 2014

    Recalls and/or programs for your vehicle in which repairs have not been completed are listed below.
    Safety & Non-Compliance Recalls

    What's this?


    Other Programs for Your Vehicle

    What's this?



    • GM Program #:
    • N140417



    • Date Issued:
    • Jul 14, 2014




    Program Title:
    LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK
    Program Description:
    Safety Risk Description:
    Repair Description:

    Program Status: INCOMPLETE
    Hey Eddy,

    This is a Customer Satisfaction Program bringing the reoccurring concerns of the dreaded coolant level people seemed to have been experiencing to a hopeful rest. This is for all 2011-2014 models with a 1.4L engine. Dealerships have been provided part information, and a background as to what needs to be repaired. Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this. We would be happy to discuss more in a private message.

    Patsy G
    Chevrolet Customer Care

  4. #3
    Administrator

    obermd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    24,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Cruze View Post
    I really appreciate your help and was feeling quite good until I just woke up this morning. Now the Recall Center is back and a new Recall/Service Campaign is waiting for me. Not what I wanted to see?



    • VIN: 1G1
    • Results last updated: Aug 13, 2014

    YOUR VEHICLE MAY BE SUBJECT TO A RECALL. CALL THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED BELOW FOR YOUR MAKE OF VEHICLE.


    You can reach those numbers Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.

    We are making changes to our website that will soon provide more comprehensive information on recalls, but for now, please take the time to call to get the most current information.


    The following recalls have been found for your 2014 Chevrolet Cruze


    • VIN
    • Results last updated: Aug 13, 2014

    Recalls and/or programs for your vehicle in which repairs have not been completed are listed below.
    Safety & Non-Compliance Recalls

    What's this?


    Other Programs for Your Vehicle

    What's this?



    • GM Program #:
    • N140417



    • Date Issued:
    • Jul 14, 2014




    Program Title:
    LOW ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL LEAK
    Program Description:
    Safety Risk Description:
    Repair Description:

    Program Status: INCOMPLETE
    Maybe GM will finally get to the bottom of the remaining coolant leak. I'm stopping by my dealership this afternoon to check on this. My suspicion is that it's related to our pressure caps not sealing properly.
    Blue Angel, Patman and CruzzieQ like this.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    5th Gear BowtieGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    Maybe GM will finally get to the bottom of the remaining coolant leak. I'm stopping by my dealership this afternoon to check on this. My suspicion is that it's related to our pressure caps not sealing properly.
    If so, this is great news. Hopefully I can get more information before I take my Cruze back for the axle recall (ordered axle for an automatic Cruze) and have them take another look at my slow coolant loss issue. They only pressure tested and then topped off the first time around. Otherwise I'm just going to throw a bigger o-ring on the coolant reservoir cap like Blue Angel suggested.
    Blue Angel and Merc6 like this.
    Hidden Content 2013 Cruze Eco Manual

    Hidden Content 2004 Grand Prix GT2

  7. #5
    Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Chevy Customer Care's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
    If so, this is great news. Hopefully I can get more information before I take my Cruze back for the axle recall (ordered axle for an automatic Cruze) and have them take another look at my slow coolant loss issue. They only pressure tested and then topped off the first time around. Otherwise I'm just going to throw a bigger o-ring on the coolant reservoir cap like Blue Angel suggested.
    Hey there,

    I can definitely look into the further for you. Just send me a PM with your VIN .

    Patsy G
    Chevrolet Customer Care

  8. #6
    Administrator

    obermd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    24,801
    This currently appears to be a data gathering bulletin. It says to verify there's no air left in the system after a refill, top if off, and report the car to GM.
    SneakerFix likes this.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

  9. #7
    Learning about my Cruze
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    69
    So there is no problem they just want to check your coolant level is what your saying

  10. #8
    Administrator

    obermd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    24,801
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    So there is no problem they just want to check your coolant level is what your saying
    As far as I can tell - yes. There is still an unresolved coolant loss in the LT, LTZ, and ECO trims and it appears GM is trying to get a feel for how widespread it is. I suspect somewhere around 90% of these trims are losing coolant for no apparent reason or odor.
    connorsel likes this.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

  11. #9
    5th Gear BowtieGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    949
    Entering my VIN into recalls.GM.com gives me the same program N140417.
    I really hope news of GM Program number N140417 spreads far and wide. Finally, we might get an official fix from GM on this issue if enough people come forward. I will be letting my dealership know about N140417 asap. I'm also going to throw a link to this thread in my coolant loss poll thread to get as much exposure as possible.
    Hidden Content 2013 Cruze Eco Manual

    Hidden Content 2004 Grand Prix GT2

  12. #10
    Driver's Ed
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5
    I called a couple of area dealerships about this recall today, and they essentially told me all they'll do is check and top-off my coolant. I haven't had my Cruze very long, and haven't noticed any coolant loss yet. Should I still report for this recall?

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Similar Threads

  1. Low Coolant, No Visible/Quantifiable Leak
    By pbeyer2010 in forum Gen1 Service Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 04:48 PM
  2. Coolant leak, engine light, and rough idle
    By aferrell71 in forum Gen1 1.4L Turbo
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 12:37 PM
  3. Coolant level
    By Eiolon in forum Gen1 Powertrain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:13 PM
  4. Fuel Level Low
    By jerodpell in forum Gen1 Service Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 10:55 PM
  5. Fuel Level Low
    By jerodpell in forum Gen1 Service Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 07:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2