Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  rudeboybelize 
#1 ·
IM SURE THIS HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE.. I HAVE A 1.8L LS AUTO I PLAN TO GET 2 VIBRANT PERFORMANCE ULTRA QUIET RESONATORS 1 IN PLACE OF THE STOCK RES AND THE OTHER ALL THE WAY AT THE END OF WHERE OUR STOCK MUFFLER PIPING ENDS.... I RATHER IT BE A CUSTOM EXHUAST THAN THE MAGNAFLOW CATBACK I KNOW TO BE THE ONLY CALIFONIA LEGAL EXHUAST.... HONESTLY IM LOOKING FOR SIMILAR TO STOCK WHEN CRUZING FROM COPS BUT AGGRESSIVE WHEN WOT RED LIGHT TO RED LIGHT...DEEP AND GRRR...AS IT BEING A N/A 1.8L I KNOW ITS NATURALLY LOUDER THEN THE 1.4t BUT GETTING PASSED BY A PRIUS JUST AINT DOING IT FOR ME ANYMORE....MODS AIR INTAKE BYPASS TOOK OUT RESO BOX AND REFITTED THE SLEEVE TO PULL FROM THE GROUND THATS ABOUT IT...DURING THE INSTALL I PLAN TO KEEP STOCK PLUMBING AND JUST ADD IN THE NEW VIBRANT RESONAOTRS WHERE I WANT EM ...ANY ADVICE OR OTHERS THOUGHTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPREC......IM SURE THERE ARE 1.8L OWNERS THAT WANNA SOUND AS GOOD AS THAT DODGE DART

#2 ·
im sure this has been asked before.. I have a 1.8l ls auto i plan to get 2 vibrant performance ultra quiet resonators 1 in place of the stock res and the other all the way at the end of where our stock muffler piping ends.... I rather it be a custom exhuast than the magnaflow catback i know to be the only califonia legal exhuast.... Honestly im looking for similar to stock when cruzing from cops but aggressive when wot red light to red light...deep and grrr...as it being a n/a 1.8l i know its naturally louder then the 1.4t but getting passed by a prius just aint doing it for me anymore....mods air intake bypass took out reso box and refitted the sleeve to pull from the ground thats about it...during the install i plan to keep stock plumbing and just add in the new vibrant resonaotrs where i want em ...any advice or others thoughts would be greatly apprec......im sure there are 1.8l owners that wanna sound as good as that dodge dart
everyone gets passed by a prius because they have to drive so fast to keep the momentum up for when they need it

#3 ·
so would you be more towards replacing the reso and keeping the stock muffler??

Reactions: jakkaroo
#5 ·
I am thinking . Yes thinking here ,,you guys are nuts out of that cracker jack box in LA ..racing Priui ,yes that is plural for prius. Now to this guy whom wants to remove all of his exhaust system , jump right into that idea of yours ,,,,,,, we will wait for the day you decide to tell us that your head decided to burn up and you are wondering if any one can help you out of the pickle barrel , that you are in .. do the research brother ,
Nuts are nuts ..valves are valves and they need back pressures...................

#6 ·
And to think I gave him my ......................711...........Be cool stay cozy Keep cruzen and the new best wishes..

#7 ·
What size vibrant resonator are you going with? I want to do the same. I have a Doug thorley Exhaust on my car now. It's an axle back exhaust. Figured the vibrant res would make it better.

#8 ·
What I mean is whic length? Because I have the Doug thorley I'll get the 2.5 but do you think the 14 inch one will work on the cruze? Or go with a more lengthier one?

#9 ·
I plan on going 2.25" 14" long in the back only for now to keep stock plumbing I had the doug Thorley but never installed it was having to many problems bone stock on my car at the time and to keep I would say proper back pressure leave original resonator etc until vibrant resonator at end....I will update with how its going plus videos so you can hear it along with pics

#10 ·
I just realized the Doug Thorley exhaust is 2.25 also. Definitely going with the 2.25 14 inch vibrant resonator. Thanks!!

#11 ·
I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned about speed with their Cruze. You have to realize that an intake/exhaust setup isn't going to help you put down the power you want. Unless if your cars ECU is tuned for the extra airflow it's just going to trick your car into running rich. When you start moving the 02 sensors around its going to be the same debacle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
I've been holding off the exhaust 1 my brand new cruze is just broken transmission -well whatever was in there before gone and the computers all fried...all this from normal driving city red light to red light ..highway set pedal 55-72 only so its going to have a new tcm and ecu anyways I've done the air box resonator delete w/ k&n drop in dealership doesn't even notice it so there already factory tuning for more airflow I don't see why just a rear muffler swap or delete would cause harm to back pressure or ecu to lean out when all the factory header w built in cat, downpipe , to cat, to resonator oem piping all the way until cross member silencer/exhaust in the back...and I'm very concerned about those vapors coming into the cars from the coolant I've had that plastic bottle replaced three times for cracks everytime being from the dealership and even tsb fixed but still no good..stock bulbs burning harnesses and even trouble starting it up...of course speed is an issue esp coming from an econo 1st gen mazda 3 I never had problems with get up and go or speed in that thing comes to find out I even bought it with a broken tranny and was still happy passing anything from Toyota to Porsche but the cruze ls just seems so slow I've got smart cars and so many other supposed to be slower cars flying by me and I stand no chance even when I accel hard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.