Anyone ever replace the roof-mounted antenna?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone ever replace the roof-mounted antenna?

Gilly is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze

Anyone ever replace the roof-mounted antenna?

My wife and I go to pick up her elderly mother. She has no car anymore, so she normally has the garage door open, we pull in and she gets in, we leave, simple enough right?
    She is in the car, I start to back out, then my wife and I both notice the door is coming down, so I pull way ahead, out of the way, then she raises the door again, like she just bumped the button, no big deal. I go to back out and WTH the door is coming down a second time! I'm backing out already, I think the light beam actually stopped the door, but man was I pist off. And she's like "well I didn't do it!". Uh huh. Can't argue with an old lady, so I am "over it" now.
    It seems like I lucked out. The mast is snapped off and the black "base" part is sort of lifted up towards the rear. I am assuming I'll need it all, still concerned about the lift up. I can post a pic if it would help.
    I can't see how the base part comes off, wondering if anyone has gone through the removal of the antenna base.

Gilly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed

Murano Antenna

Let me know what you find out! Almost the same thing happend to me. I had a garage door malfunction and it snapped off the antenna and the base is cracked too. So I will need to replace it as well. if you've done it already what was the cost, were you able to install it yourself, and did you get it at the Nissan dealer?

Administrator

If the mast threads aren't damaged and your reception is still working (no electrical damage) you could cover the base with a VG Active Antenna Sharkfin. It screws into the base just like the mast and seals down over the base.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)