The SQ Car Audio Thread V2 - Page 47
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: The SQ Car Audio Thread V2

Learning about my Cruze
    Looking at different amplifier options, what affect will it have on the front stage if we used a lower wattage rating amp, say 20-30 watts rms for the tweets, and a higher rated amp on the silverflutes? Would this need to be adjusted for in the DSP Tune?
    I understand the tweets don't need a lot of power. What is the RMS rating on the silver flutes? All I can find listed is 80 watts but that doesn't specify RMS or MAX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

No effect at all. I used a 25W per channel coustic power logic amp (made in 1992) for a while on my tweeters and they were fine. No adjustment needed.

RMS on the silver flutes is probably around 50W.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk
    Order PCV Fix Kits, Leak Test Kits, & Big 3 Kits at: Hidden Content
    Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Link::Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Handbrake Released
    I'm starting to think that the Factory headunit doesn't give out enough Volt to even consider adding an Aftermarket amp or Speakers, I've gone that route and my Sound quality at moderate to high volumes has dropped significantly. All I'm hearing is High pitched sounds from tweeter and somewhat low quality thin sounding Mids from the woofers.

The technician said its mostly my Factory Headunit, which is underpowered for such setup. Adding an amp , speakers and sub has done very little to change the SQ.

I've also created a new thread and would like someone to help me here: https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-ge...akers-sub.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    For those of you that used the mini DC isolator, how did you physically mount it? Make a box or housing for it or just wrap in something like electrical tape? I don't see a housing available for purchase for it.

Driver's Ed

Learning about my Cruze
    I purchased something similar.

Here are 2 pictures of it mounted in the box and the box mounted to the dash's metal frame behind the glove box. The lid is not installed in these pictures. It has a snap on lid/cover.

IMG_6946.JPG IMG_6981.JPG

Learning about my Cruze
    SCruze
    I began to think the same thing about the stock head unit. I installed everything and triple checked all my wiring. Sounded like crap. Messed with the amp gains and swapping cables. Nothing improved the sound. Turning the volume up just sounded horrible. I mean really bad. What I came to find out was that I made a huge error. I thought I installed the tune file into the DSP when in actuality I didn't. I got the message from the software stating the file loaded successfully. When I got this message I assumed it was installed on the minidsp. I read through the manual a little more carefully and found my error. Consequently I damaged a Tweeter in the process. Once sorted out it sounds pretty good. Plenty of power and clarity. This may have been your issue as well???? I find the DSP stuff to be very confusing.

Sent from my Z717VL using Tapatalk

Learning about my Cruze
    I'm up to 104 hours of install time, got my DSP issues sorted out, Sub installed, gains all adjusted, interior mostly back together and I finally got to really listen to it. Well, all I can say is, Amazing. Yes, it's that good. Thank you very much MR. Xtreme. All that is left is to finish up all the sound deadening and mount the amp shelf under the rear deck. I'm stoked. I can safely drive it now that most of it is back together. Probably another 50 hours or so should do it. This has been a huge job and the end result is well worth it.

Rich.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.

Driver's Ed
    What a great thread even tho its quite old now but stills seems relevant to Gen 1 cars. I actually have a 2018 Holden Astra Sedan down in Melbourne Australia but its a rebadged Chevy Cruze.....its the 6 speaker setup...non-amplified so have the dash, front, and rear doors.

Is there anything setup like this for Gen 2 cars or are they close enough to each other that this will work fine for a Gen 2 car?

Shipping things to Australia is another matter but one problem at a time

Thanks!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)