¯Service Side Detection System¯ - Page 10
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ¯Service Side Detection System¯

Driver's Ed
    I would hope they would not install the old version. That would be crazy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I would hope they would not install the old version. That would be crazy.
    The bulletin lists kits for the different cover vehicles, not the individual parts. New harness, sensors, and added covers is what's included. Still waiting on my kit to show up at my dealer.

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt19 View Post
    I had mine replaced today under this new coverage. It required multiple days as they didn't have the part in stock the first day.
    Externally it looks much different from before. I didn't attempt to remove it or anything, however. Here is a photo I took, showing the new design.
    (I cant post links yet, so you would have to manually enter this.)

http: //imgur.com /reQlOSK
    Welcome Aboard

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma v e n View Post
    BDC,
    It's not a scan tool setup procedure. It's an actual programming event requiring access to the GM SPS
    Does the tech need to know which serial# is on which side? I received my kit an will install it tomorrow. Going to take it in and want to make sure they are not going to have to tear it apart. I can just photo the numbers if I need to.

Got my kit the other day. Cost a hair over $300. I've already had the main harness replaced so just going to sell that to recoup some cost.

IMG_0484.JPG

Also, I see part # 84626011 is listed on the bag that has the sensor splash guards. Seems to be only a $20-30 part. Fort the guys that want to just buy the covers you could probably pick them up.
    Last edited by BDCCruze; 04-19-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Handbrake Released
    I installed my repair kit yesterday. I'm still getting the popup on start saying to service the system, but once I clear it, it no longer comes back while driving, which I suppose is good. I plan on taking into the dealer sometime next week to program the sensors but I hope things are not still messed up. I kind of hoped the error at least went away.

Touring Champion
    The error always goes away once you clear it and doesn't come back when driving - at least ours has always done that.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Been following this thread for a bit. Wasn't really sure about the loss of the display screen. Then came Saturdays rain, while I was driving Service Side Detection and Parking Assist, and my screen went out. Guess I'll have to talk to the dealer today. I know I'm over the 80k mark but under the 6yrs. You lose all function of the screen, luckily the steering wheel controls still work.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    The error always goes away once you clear it and doesn't come back when driving - at least ours has always done that.
    This most recent time, before disabling the system in the radio, it kept popping up "Service side detection system" while driving.
    Last edited by BDCCruze; 04-22-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Touring Champion
    Oh really? Most interesting!

I don't think ours ever did that, except for when it was shorting out the harness and "restarting" everything.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Interestingly, the class-action case may be re-opened? www pacermonitor com/public/case/24563741/Hudson_et_al_v_General_Motors,_LLC

I am not really too concerned, as mine was already fixed (for free) and has been working fine for the last couple weeks.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)