How I did the MyLink Wire Harness - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How I did the MyLink Wire Harness

Driver's Ed
    dhpnet, thank you. one other question. Where is the x200 body harness connector located?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

dhpnet is offline [OP]
    6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by ugnshadow View Post
    dhpnet, thank you. one other question. Where is the x200 body harness connector located?
    It's almost directly below and slightly behind the hood release latch handle. You have to remove the driver's side sill plate trim.
    Last edited by dhpnet; 01-26-2018 at 11:21 PM.
    2014 1LT, AT, All Star Edition, "Libby"
    Champagne Silver Metallic

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    did the install this weekend, long process but well worth it. I have not installed the camera yet but sure that will not be too difficult. I know i did not see the x200 harness going to the trunk have the wiring for the camera. guess i will need to add those. I am having one small problem. the aux port does not work. the usb works though. does the usb have to be removed for the aux to work?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Hey @dhpnet first of all, great write up on installing everything.. I'm looking to install the backup camera, as my 2015 2LT already has the myLink system installed..

A few questions if thats okay?..

You said you bought "these" GM part number 13575546 (terminated lead) how many did you need to buy? Three? For Pin 6, Pin 7 and Pin 18?

Also in your diagram, Pin 18 (Camera Drain Wire) doesn't connect to anything. It just stops at a "black dot." What/where does the other end of Pin 18 coming from the x200 connector connect/lead to?

What do I need to look for on the "body harness" to see if the camera wiring is already there? specific color wire(s)? or just look where pink 6/7/18 match up with the female-to-male and see if there are wires connected to it already?

Last question; is part ​95407980 the "chrome bar" you got with the camera built in?

Thanks in advance for any answer you can give.. really want to get this done, and your post is the best write up I've seen in my 4 days of researching this.. so really hoping you can help out

dhpnet is offline [OP]
    6th Gear
    did the install this weekend, long process but well worth it. I have not installed the camera yet but sure that will not be too difficult. I know i did not see the x200 harness going to the trunk have the wiring for the camera. guess i will need to add those. I am having one small problem. the aux port does not work. the usb works though. does the usb have to be removed for the aux to work?
    Congratulations!!! I hope it's working well. They must have stopped including the camera wiring in the body harness in 2015. Be sure to check the wiring in the X900 connector in the trunk. It might have some of the wiring such as the power and ground.

The USB and Aux port need to be wired directly to the radio. With the old green screen, the USB and Aux first go to a multimedia player interface module, and then to the radio. In the My Link system they need to be wired directly to the radio, bypassing the MPIM (some people also call this the PDIM).

I have never actually used the Aux port, but I did wire it just in case.
    Last edited by dhpnet; 01-30-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Hidden Content

dhpnet is offline [OP]
    6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Slumnit View Post
    You said you bought "these" GM part number 13575546 (terminated lead) how many did you need to buy? Three? For Pin 6, Pin 7 and Pin 18?

Correct, I bought three of them, for pins 6, 7, and 18.

Also in your diagram, Pin 18 (Camera Drain Wire) doesn't connect to anything. It just stops at a "black dot." What/where does the other end of Pin 18 coming from the x200 connector connect/lead to?

The shield/drain is just cut off right before the radio connector. The service manual call this blunt cut. The black dot represents that it is just cut off. Some other people didn't include the shield/drain wire when they made their harness and said they didn't have any problems. It is supposed to reduce noise in the signal, so I included it.

What do I need to look for on the "body harness" to see if the camera wiring is already there? specific color wire(s)? or just look where pink 6/7/18 match up with the female-to-male and see if there are wires connected to it already?
    Look at pins 6, 7, 18 in the X200 harness and you should see pins and wires on the side that goes to the body harness, but no pins or wiring on the side that goes to the instrument panel. And, on the X900 connector in the trunk, you should see pins and wiring for the 6 wires for the camera on the body harness side of the connector, but no pins or wiring on the trunk harness side of the connector.

Last question; is part ​95407980 the "chrome bar" you got with the camera built in?
    The listing for the one I purchased on eBay said: "95407980 Rear Decklid Trunk Trim Molding Chrome w/ Camera 2011-15 Chevy Cruze." I just looked for one that said it was original OEM and included the camera. I didn't even look at the part number.

Thanks in advance for any answer you can give.. really want to get this done, and your post is the best write up I've seen in my 4 days of researching this.. so really hoping you can help out
    Good luck. I hope it goes quickly and easily. I am still very happy that I took the time to do it. The best advice I can give anyone is to take your time and double check everything.
    Last edited by dhpnet; 01-30-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Hidden Content

dhpnet is offline [OP]
    6th Gear
    Hey @dhpnet first of all, great write up on installing everything.. I'm looking to install the backup camera, as my 2015 2LT already has the myLink system installed.
    One more thought. The camera needs to be programmed into the radio software. If your My Link system did not include the camera, then there is a chance that it also does not have the software to run it. I don't know for sure, but it's possible. I don't know how to test for that either.

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by dhpnet View Post
    Congratulations!!! I hope it's working well. They must have stopped including the camera wiring in the body harness in 2015. Be sure to check the wiring in the X900 connector in the trunk. It might have some of the wiring such as the power and ground.

The USB and Aux port need to be wired directly to the radio. With the old green screen, the USB and Aux first go to a multimedia player interface module, and then to the radio. In the My Link system they need to be wired directly to the radio, bypassing the MPIM (some people also call this the PDIM).

I have never actually used the Aux port, but I did wire it just in case.
    Thank you, and yes everything seems to be working as it should, even goes to the back up screen when in reverse, just need that camera. but thats a project for a later date. as far as the aux/usb. what green wire are you talking about, there was a usb/micro usb cable that connected to the usb cable going to the usb port. does that cable not include the aux too?

dhpnet is offline [OP]
    6th Gear
    Thank you, and yes everything seems to be working as it should, even goes to the back up screen when in reverse, just need that camera. but thats a project for a later date. as far as the aux/usb. what green wire are you talking about, there was a usb/micro usb cable that connected to the usb cable going to the usb port. does that cable not include the aux too?
    I didn't mention a green wire. The base radio in the Cruze has a green display screen. The old radio with the green display screen requires an interface module to transfer the Aux and USB inputs to the radio. The My Link radio does not need the interface module. The USB and Aux are connected directly to the My Link radio.

I left the interface module in the car so that I wouldn't get any error codes. I ran a new USB cable between the USB plug in the console and the radio. And, I ran new wires between the Aux plug in the center console and the radio. I left the original Aux wires just laying inside the center console. I put tape on the old connector to avoid shorts.

The USB wire does not include the Aux wires. I had to run separate, new wires between the Aux plug in the center console and the radio.

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by dhpnet View Post
    I didn't mention a green wire. The base radio in the Cruze has a green display screen. The old radio with the green display screen requires an interface module to transfer the Aux and USB inputs to the radio. The My Link radio does not need the interface module. The USB and Aux are connected directly to the My Link radio.

I left the interface module in the car so that I wouldn't get any error codes. I ran a new USB cable between the USB plug in the console and the radio. And, I ran new wires between the Aux plug in the center console and the radio. I left the original Aux wires just laying inside the center console. I put tape on the old connector to avoid shorts.

The USB wire does not include the Aux wires. I had to run separate, new wires between the Aux plug in the center console and the radio.
    Ok, so just want to make sure im understanding correctly. The aux cable is not part of the usb wiring harness?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)