Touch Screen Fuse Continuously Blowing
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Touch Screen Fuse Continuously Blowing

Cruze0715 is offline [OP]
    Recently my 2015 LTZ RS with only 47k started experiencing electrical issues. First my back-up and side sensors stopped working. The warning lights in the side view mirrors blink at random and they even stay on when the car is turn off at times.
    Then my touch screen started freezing and now it doesn't work at all. No radio no touch screen and warning messages like "service park assist" "service side assist" which I'm pretty sure it's all tied into the touch screen not functioning. So i checked the fuses. Sure enough the fuse is fried. I changed it out, the new fuse immediately blew.
    Thing is....it calls for a 7.5 fuse, but I pulled out a 10 fuse.
    Could this be the reason it's all shorted out because the previous owner put a fuse that was too large?
    I fear my wires are maybe fried.

Can anyone please give me suggestions?

Don't want to take it to Chevy if I don't have to.

I knew I shouldn't have bought the LTZ. Just more bells and whistles to malfunction

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Touring Champion
    Disconnect your side detection modules, they're shorting, back-feeding the harness and blowing that fuse. Once you've confirmed that solves it, tie up the harness up and away, and you'll be good to go.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

4th Gear
    MP81 is right the first thing you need to do is unplug your blind zone modules in the rear bumper.

Then you need to replace that fuse with the proper 7.5A item. And see if everything works inside the car.

MP is incorrect about the mechanism blowing the fuse though. There nothing "backfeeding" through the harness and blowing the fuse. The modules go bad internally due to water intrusion. This internal failure causes the modules to use more power than they are designed to through newly created lower resistance paths to ground. Excessive power draw opens the fuse.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma v e n View Post
    MP is incorrect about the mechanism blowing the fuse though. There nothing "backfeeding" through the harness and blowing the fuse. The modules go bad internally due to water intrusion. This internal failure causes the modules to use more power than they are designed to through newly created lower resistance paths to ground. Excessive power draw opens the fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    Disconnect your side detection modules, they're shorting, back-feeding the harness and blowing that fuse. Once you've confirmed that solves it, tie up the harness up and away, and you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze0715 View Post
    Can anyone please give me suggestions?

I knew I shouldn't have bought the LTZ. Just more bells and whistles to malfunction
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Group B Rally Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze0715 View Post
    I'm not sure about 2015, but I don't think all LTZs came with that feature. Certainly, my 2013 didn't.

But I agree with the advice - disconnect the sensors. They're a known issue and when they got bad, they cause a number of odd things.

I'm not sure what fuse they're on, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility it's that fuse.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

Group B Rally Champion

You may be in luck! Check out this post. You should be able to get the side detect fixed for free.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

Cruze0715 is offline [OP]
    Thanks guys. This is great!

10. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)