LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eddiefromcali
  • 1 Post By eddiefromcali

Thread: LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash

Driver's Ed

LED Turn Signal Hyper Flash

Hi All,

So I just bought me some LED rear turn signals and resistors from Diode Dynamics. I have tried installing them (as per instructions and YT videos) and I am still getting the hyper flash issue. I have triple checked that everything is wired properly and making good contact. Hazard lights work perfectly fine with LED, only the turn signals are hyper flashing.

I did reach out to Diode Dynamics support. Just wondering if anyone here had this issue before or can offer some suggestions. Any help is appreciated.

I have an aftermarket radio installed with the adapter that keeps stock functions like turn signal chime, etc. Pretty sure that shouldn’t affect anything but just thought I’d mention it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 Cruze 1.8L (Blue Granite Metallic) 120k+ Mile Club
    Mods: Trifecta Tune. Amsoil Signature Series Everything. LTZ/RS Rims + Fog Lights + Steering Wheel w/Cruise + Splash Gaurds. WeatherTech Rock Deflector + Window Guards + Floor Liner. Big 3 Upgrade. Diode Dynamics Lighting. Shark Fin Antenna. 35% All Around Window Tint. Remote Start - Many more to come.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    how and where did you install the load resistor? post pics

I run their switchback led and resistors, not a single problem
    Blasirl likes this.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiefromcali View Post
    how and where did you install the load resistor? post pics

I run their switchback led and resistors, not a single problem
    Will have to tonight. Installed off of the ground (black) and power (colored) wires that come directly out of the bulb socket. Mounted resistor on body metal in the cavity where the tail light housing resides.

The resistors never get warm so i guess no power is flowing through them.

Mods: Trifecta Tune. Amsoil Signature Series Everything. LTZ/RS Rims + Fog Lights + Steering Wheel w/Cruise + Splash Gaurds. WeatherTech Rock Deflector + Window Guards + Floor Liner. Big 3 Upgrade. Diode Dynamics Lighting. Shark Fin Antenna. 35% All Around Window Tint. Remote Start - Many more to come.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    If you used the quick splice things, maybe the metal isn't all the way down or didn't cut the wire insulation. I didn't use the splice things, I soldered it all together, not a fan of those things
    .Cody likes this.

Driver's Ed
    So I got it working lol. I’m an idiot. Didn’t crimp it hard enough. Looks beautiful, thanks Diode Dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by OpenSource300 View Post
    Hi All,

So I just bought me some LED rear turn signals and resistors from Diode Dynamics. I have tried installing them (as per instructions and YT videos) and I am still getting the hyper flash issue. I have triple checked that everything is wired properly and making good contact. Hazard lights work perfectly fine with LED, only the turn signals are hyper flashing.

I did reach out to Diode Dynamics support. Just wondering if anyone here had this issue before or can offer some suggestions. Any help is appreciated.

I have an aftermarket radio installed with the adapter that keeps stock functions like turn signal chime, etc. Pretty sure that shouldn’t affect anything but just thought I’d mention it.

Thanks!

Where'd you mount the resistors?

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by .Cody View Post
    Where'd you mount the resistors?
    Rear: flat open surface right under the tail light housing. Made sure no wires or the plastic of the housing would not come in contact.

Front: mounted to painted body metal, directly underneath the turn signal light, below the headlight housing.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenSource300 View Post
    So I got it working lol. I’m an idiot. Didn’t crimp it hard enough. Looks beautiful, thanks Diode Dynamics

that's why I don't use those things

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)