Samsung S4 via USB? I want to play music
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung S4 via USB? I want to play music

rideredcr is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Samsung S4 via USB? I want to play music

I upgraded to the S4 from an older Samsung phone that played music through the radio perfectly. According to other posts, my 2012 Cruze will not recognize the S4......and after trying myself, I found it to be true. Are there any products out there that will act as an interface between the radio and S4? I want to plug it in via the USB port and NOT via Bluetooth. The audio quality of Bluetooth SUX. Or does anyone know of an aftermarket radio that will work with the S4/USB combo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    I use an rf transmitter and it plugs into the head phone jack( s4 also) like this one but a different company.

Universal All Channel FM Transmitter w/ USB Port, Black | EverydaySource.com

Driver's Ed
    How is the sound quality? Is it better than Bluetooth?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    It's pretty good. Idk I've never used the blue tooth.

Handbrake Released
    I bought a Blackberry Music Gateway that plugs into the USB and aux in the center console. Then I connect my phone to the blackberry music gateway via Bluetooth and can play any audio through that! Sound quality is alright. I'm sure a CD would give better quality.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Handbrake Released
    You need to install a custom OS if you want USB output in any Android device, +1 for Apple, usb on the Cruze and 320 kbps mp3 is just awesome, aux has too much static.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rideredcr View Post
    I upgraded to the S4 from an older Samsung phone that played music through the radio perfectly. According to other posts, my 2012 Cruze will not recognize the S4......and after trying myself, I found it to be true. Are there any products out there that will act as an interface between the radio and S4? I want to plug it in via the USB port and NOT via Bluetooth. The audio quality of Bluetooth SUX. Or does anyone know of an aftermarket radio that will work with the S4/USB combo?
    Which radio do you have in your Cruze? The reason I ask is that I honestly cannot tell the difference between a CD in the player and the Bluetooth Audio interface I installed. Actually I can tell the difference. When the CD is playing I can hear the disk spinning. There is no noise at all over the Bluetooth from my Casio Commando C771.
    2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
    2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (Hidden Content ) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS MT @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Driver's Ed
    I have the stock stereo with DB DD. I was thinking of upgrading to the Camaro PDIM, but any stereo that I've streamed via bluetooth....even the Bose system they have at best buy, sounds like someone is holding a blanket over the speakers. I did a little research and it seams that Bluetooth is a compressed file that doesn't uncompress very well. If the Camaro upgrade is all that is available at this point in the game, I guess I'll have to settle for it.

Xaxas How do I go about installing a custom OS?

Handbrake Released
    You have to root it and download the custom os, I'm not sure, I know this because I spent a month researching about this for a Nexus 7 install (same bs Android, but the tablet is great), and here is what I cape up with: Doing a Nexus 7 install. Could I run USB audio through a head unit? : CarAV

You can try searching for "S4 USB Audio output / how to" etc...

I can't tell the difference between usb and bluetooth from my iphone. They both sound way better than XM. I bought an S4 and returned it for issues such as these and went back to an iPhone.
    Current Fleet:
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L - Dark Cherry Pearl
    2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT - Onyx Black

Retired/Sold
    2014 Cruze LTZ - Blue Ray Metallic
    2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL - Onyx Black
    1994 Chevrolet Corsica
    1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)