USB Device Auto Play
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: USB Device Auto Play

GMshuko is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

USB Device Auto Play

I recently just got my cruze and decided to use the USB port to charge my phone (Evo 4G LTE) if I plug in the phone it will automatically start playing music that is on the phone. I don't want it to auto play I would like to just charge the phone. This also occurs if I have the phone plugged in and turn on the car. I just want to keep the radio on and not have to manually switch sources back to FM every time. I have a 2012 cruze lt.

Is there a fix?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Group B Rally Champion
    Welcome!

Get a cigarette lighter USB charger to charge your device, the USB port in console is for USB music interface and is functioning as it should. This way your phone can be charged and not mess with stereo.

This also would not happen if you used a USB flash drive for music as it would always be connected. Your stereo would remain on the last source used even when you start your car. The problem with having your phone plugged in to that USB port is every time you start your car it forces the phone to USB storage mode, which acts just like when you plug in a new device it switches sources to USB.

GMshuko is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Ah I see. Makes total sense. Thank you for the quick responce

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Group B Rally Champion
    Hey no problem, stick around I'm sure there is more you can learn about your new cruze.

Retired Moderator
    I usually just press source 5 times in my case when I plug in if I don't plug in before MyLink intro screen is finished. I have a CD in so it may differ from the rest of you guys.

Sent from my iFail 5s
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Touring Champion
    The Cruze stereos default to USB for source no matter which source was selected the last time it was on? I'm surprised you don't have to select the USB for the stereo to play it. In my car, you can plug anything into the USB port, but the audio system won't play it unless you select it as the source. It will access the device and index the contents, but it won't play it by default.
    2017 Milano Red Fit EX-L with w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In

60.000 Mi., Avg. MPG: 32 City; 44 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.
    I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    "I have everything I need and nothin' that I don't" (Zac Brown)

Retired Moderator
    For my 13 If I don't plug in before I turn the car on and plug in before mylink finishes into screen it ignores my phone completely even if I have Pandora in the background. If I open the app it shoots to that app and bluetooth when I source button away from it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spacedout View Post
    Welcome!

Get a cigarette lighter USB charger to charge your device, the USB port in console is for USB music interface and is functioning as it should. This way your phone can be charged and not mess with stereo.

This also would not happen if you used a USB flash drive for music as it would always be connected. Your stereo would remain on the last source used even when you start your car. The problem with having your phone plugged in to that USB port is every time you start your car it forces the phone to USB storage mode, which acts just like when you plug in a new device it switches sources to USB.
    This is what I do...as soon as I noticed the radio do that, plus it disabling bluetooth audio, I got my cig lighter charger out...

Driver's Ed
    Sorry to necro bump a two year old thread, but does anyone else have problems where your USB music device (phone in my case) doesn't automatically move to the next song? Every time one song ends I have to press the next button on the dash. Can't figure it out for the life of me. Tried choosing "play all songs" and that didn't work. Would rather not have to resort to the aux cable

Group B Rally Champion

When you say "phone", is it treating it like a iPod, or is it treating it like a USB thumbdrive? Depending on where you are when you tell it to play, it may only play the songs in that folder and stop.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)