Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

GM Sport Suspension Kit

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  froyofanatic 
#1 ·
https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/cruze/suspension

Anybody try this official kit from GM yet? I'm really curious because it's a nice 1/2" drop but with improved spring rates and a thicker sway bar. I have a 18 RS Hatch and I'd love for it to be a little more confident on the road. I think a lot of that is the factory tires but it's suspension is pretty lazy as well. It's also a fantastic price.

#3 ·
Do you know how the spring rates compare? 1-1.5" is a little lower than I'd like but the price is nice on those. I had an Eibach pro kit years ago on another car and was happy with that but to avoid any warranty debates, I'd stick with GM parts if I can.

#4 ·
I have the GM kit. It handles a bit better in corners but I'm now limited by the 205/55R-16 Eco tires that came on it. They're pretty **** tires with no grip. The sway bar had the same part number on it though. I didn't have a scale to weigh them to see if there was a difference but I have a feeling they were the same.

I have a 1.4L hatch LT manual. The automatic may have a different sway bar and the one in the kit may be considered an upgrade for the automatic. You'd probably have to check the part number for the sway bar on the automatic hatch Cruze and see if it's the same as the manual.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.