Buzzing noise when cold which goes up and down with engine RPM
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buzzing noise when cold which goes up and down with engine RPM

Learning about my Cruze

Buzzing noise when cold which goes up and down with engine RPM

'17 Cruze LT, automatic, built Dec. '16, 13.5K miles. Realllllly getting more noticeable. Last time I posted about this was told it was the DI, but geez, it didn't do this for the first nine months I owned the car.

Any TSB's for this? Really don't feel like driving the twenty miles round trip to and from the dealer, leaving the car for a day, and hearing the dreaded 'Could Not Duplicate' or 'No code thrown; normal operation'.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    It's from under-the-hood, if I wasn't specific in the original post.

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

It's the direct injection high pressure fuel pump that is camshaft driven. Mine's always done it when cold outside. DI cars just make a lot of noise in the cold.

I can grab a video if it'd help, but I suspect we're talking about the same noise.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

2nd Gear
    Loudest since the nine months you have owned the car....have the recent temps where you live been the coldest in those nine months?

I notice it a fair amount with my car during the cold spells of winter. This morning at 12 degrees, I was a bee buzzin' down the road until I got to the interstate.

Learning about my Cruze
    I bought the car in Jan. '17. Didn't notice the noise in the cold weather until late fall or so--the second winter in the car. But thanks for the input, both of you guys. I guess I live with it.

Learning about my Cruze zippypcs's Avatar
    Mine makes this exact noise. Thanks for enlightening me. I thought it was an intake noise or something. Cold makes sense as it has surely been that here.
    "Why no Officer, this is an economy car"

Driver's Ed
    I've had my 2018 for a month after totaling my 2012. I didn't hear that noise until about a week ago. It's pretty loud when it's cold. After I jump on the highway I don't hear it. It's less noticeable when it's warmer outside. When I started hearing it I wasn't to happy. I even have a appointment for this Friday, but I may cancel it now.

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

After I jump on the highway I don't hear it. It's less noticeable when it's warmer outside.
    Yep, ~45-55 starting temp, it isn't that noticeable. Gets louder the closer you get to freezing or below. And yep, goes away with some engine heat.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Handbrake Released nightfallgrey2018's Avatar
    We've got some very cold weather here in winter and we had some -20 celcius very often all winter long and I never heard this noise. We didn't get 45-55 fahrenheit yet lol. Maybe because it's too cold and no in between?

Learning about my Cruze
    I hear it now even when I start it and it's 80 degrees outside. It's definitely a change from the entire first year I drove the car. Goes away quickly and isn't as loud as when it's cold, but if I'm hearing it now, I'm thinking it'll be noisy, big-time, this coming winter...sigh.

Just wondering...anybody on the forum get TSB's as they are issued for the second-gen?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)