What's this part called?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's this part called?

Fuhnominon is offline [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze

What's this part called?

Hello, does anyone know the name or part number of the part that extends out of the bottom if the Gen 2 Cruze that tblack arrow is pointing to in the attached photo?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Can you insert the picture instead of attaching it. It will not pull up to the larger version for some reason. That said, I cant see it, but if I'm looking at a picture of a dissasembled front end, it is a piece of aerodynamic plastic.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    Can you insert the picture instead of attaching it. It will not pull up to the larger version for some reason. That said, I cant see it, but if I'm looking at a picture of a dissasembled front end, it is a piece of aerodynamic plastic.
    Thanks for your help. I haven't a clue how to insert a photo? My apologies but I am a novice

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Had the same problem when I tried to attach a photo that I edited by drawing arrow in pic. Some reason it won’t open and says image won’t load. Try using original photo it will load. Would also like to know how to insert pic

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmilr View Post
    Had the same problem when I tried to attach a photo that I edited by drawing arrow in pic. Some reason it won’t open and says image won’t load. Try using original photo it will load. Would also like to know how to insert pic
    If you used Microsoft Paint to edit the pic, it will often make the file size larger when it is saved. It does not compress .jpg files very well, for example. I use a different tool called Gimp, which is freeware. It does a much better job of compressing the files, altho the editor is a bit clunky to drive.

A quick look here did not turn up the file size limits for attachments, but I'm thinking you may have crossed the threshold for file size when you edited it.

Also note that, after you browse to a file on your computer, you need to click on the text string "Upload File(s)" below the browse button. It's not obvious at first that you need to do that. The string is not boxed or otherwise highlighted until you drag over it.

HTH.

Doug

-- Silver 2013 Cruze 1LS
    -- Copper 2012 Cruze 2LS
    Hidden Content

Learning about my Cruze
    Thank you so much for explaining.

Touring Champion
    The pic works fine if you open it in a new window/tab.

Do you have another image of the part in question - as in, from a different angle?
    Last edited by MP81; 04-02-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    The pic works fine if you open it in a new window/tab.

Do you have another image of the part in question - as in, from a different angle?
    Thank you for letting me know. I will crop the area and put a better and larger arrow so that you can see it properly. But they are two black pieces sticking out of the sides of the intercooler that seem to mirror the chassis of the vehicle directly to the front of the vehicle under the engine bay.

Learning about my Cruze
    I zoomed in and cropped the photo to allow better view of the part. Can you decided what it is now? Hope it's not too small, the app keeps resizing the photo attachments. Can. You see the crooked thin black arrow pointing to the part?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Touring Champion
    If it's metal, it's probably the subframe.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)