BNR Gen 2 Tune AVAILABLE NOW! +63HP +92TQ - Page 12
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: BNR Gen 2 Tune AVAILABLE NOW! +63HP +92TQ

@Jerry hello there. Just checking... But I guess it would be safe to assume that the tune won't void my warranty but confirmation or advice on that won't be a bad thing. Planning on spending 650 for the tune (everything included ) to then be told by the stealership that you voided your warranty is a big deal so reason why I'm checking .

Thank you

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    I don’t know if the bnr tune adds to the flash counter or not. That’s something they’ll have to answer, but tuning your car does void your warranty. Wether or not it’s detectable is anyone’s say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbydo1 View Post
    I don’t know if the bnr tune adds to the flash counter or not. That’s something they’ll have to answer, but tuning your car does void your warranty. Wether or not it’s detectable is anyone’s say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much scrubbydo1 for the information

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by groovind View Post
    Thank you very much scrubbydo1 for the information

Yes it will trip your counter but I've been told that GM is more interested in the Checksum matching so as long as you flash back before service you should be ok.
    Keep in mind this is very dealer dependent as well if a dealer can authorize it's own warranty repair without bring a GM rep in to authorize he may look a little harder and a flash count may be noticed and looked into.
    Most dealers don't care as long as they get paid. GM can find any flash if they try hard enough if you write to the chip you trip the count. So it is at your own risk.
    That. Being said I've had my BNR tune on my 18' LTRS it is totally worth it. And noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    lmiller0810 and groovind like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alanl11 View Post
    Yes it will trip your counter but I've been told that GM is more interested in the Checksum matching so as long as you flash back before service you should be ok.
    Keep in mind this is very dealer dependent as well if a dealer can authorize it's own warranty repair without bring a GM rep in to authorize he may look a little harder and a flash count may be noticed and looked into.
    Most dealers don't care as long as they get paid. GM can find any flash if they try hard enough if you write to the chip you trip the count. So it is at your own risk.
    That. Being said I've had my BNR tune on my 18' LTRS it is totally worth it. And noticeable.

Thank you sir for the information. That gives me a few things to consider

How soon did you get the tune after owning the car ?

Handbrake Released
    How soon did you get the tune after owning the car ?

5.5K.
    I have 19K now.

5.5K.
    I have 19K now.

Oh ok.. awesome.. I might hold off til my first oil change since it will be the free one then I'll hope for no issues until warranty is out.
    I drive a lot so the mileage might get me first ...lol

Handbrake Released
    Oh ok.. awesome.. I might hold off til my first oil change since it will be the free one then I'll hope for no issues until warranty is out.
    I drive a lot so the mileage might get me first ...lol

I also took a couple of extra measures
    1 only use 91-93 octain top tier fuel
    2 use Amsoil it is the only true synthetic available but protects against LSPI the piston killer (as does the tune) better than everyone. Dexos allows for a certain number of LSPI events and still be approved Amsoil had ZERO events.

groovind likes this.

I also took a couple of extra measures
    1 only use 91-93 octain top tier fuel
    2 use Amsoil it is the only true synthetic available but protects against LSPI the piston killer (as does the tune) better than everyone. Dexos allows for a certain number of LSPI events and still be approved Amsoil had ZERO events.

Awesome information thank you . I'm putting 91 right now. Hopefully with the tune and the intake it might get better... It is so quiet right now. Wouldn't even know that there is a turbo under that hood ..lol

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)