BNR Gen 2 Tune AVAILABLE NOW! +63HP +92TQ - Page 9
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: BNR Gen 2 Tune AVAILABLE NOW! +63HP +92TQ

Handbrake Released nightfallgrey2018's Avatar
    Have not heard back from Jerry @ BNR or whoever it is who reply. I've asked a specific question (on their website) 4 days ago and didn't get an answer. I'm way less tempted now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    Out is curiosity does anyone know
    What is the stock tune turbo boost pressure is and how much boost in Jerry's tune?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nightfallgrey2018 View Post
    Have not heard back from Jerry @ BNR or whoever it is who reply. I've asked a specific question (on their website) 4 days ago and didn't get an answer. I'm way less tempted now.
    I think I replied to you this morning, but if not please PM me so I can go look for your message/email as there are none pending right now in our queue, so maybe it got caught by our spam software. Alternatively you are welcome to PM me on here.
    Hidden Content
    Performance Parts and Custom Automotive Tuning

Cruze 1.4T LUV/LUJ: +70HP +100TQ
    Cruze 1.4T LE2: +63HP +92TQ

MAKE SURE TO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL OUR NEW PROJECTS!

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by alanl11 View Post
    What is the stock tune turbo boost pressure is and how much boost in Jerry's tune?

Stock boost is whatever is needed to make the demanded power from the ecm. It could be as high as 20 or more psi depending on atmospheric conditions though it will almost never be that high and even if it were, you'd only be making stock power at that boost level (i.e. thin air at extreme elevation). On BNR tunes you will regularly see over 20psi of boost, as high as 23.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alanl11 View Post

Stock boost is whatever is needed to make the

demanded power from the ecm. It could be as high as 20 or more psi depending on atmospheric conditions though it will almost never be that high and even if it were, you'd only be making stock power at that boost level (i.e. thin air at extreme elevation). On BNR tunes you will regularly see over 20psi of boost, as high as 23.
    Jerry... I notice on my stock tune that if I'm accelerating from a low mph, boost stays low. Like it might peak at 14 then fall to 7 or less and continues to fall as rpm climbs.

But if on the highway at like 60 and you roll into it it'll hit 16 and hold it as mpg goes up.

Will your tune hold psi better as I can't imagine this thing runs out of breath at 5k rpms...

Quote Originally Posted by Slimgravy View Post
    Jerry... I notice on my stock tune that if I'm accelerating from a low mph, boost stays low. Like it might peak at 14 then fall to 7 or less and continues to fall as rpm climbs.

But if on the highway at like 60 and you roll into it it'll hit 16 and hold it as mpg goes up.

Will your tune hold psi better as I can't imagine this thing runs out of breath at 5k rpms...
    That's due to the stock tune limiting power (and boost). Our tunes don't do that. They may drop a little at higher RPM but not anywhere near as much.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

re: 2017 Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Premier Review – Can We Forget About The Cavalier? Can your custom tune fix this: "Meanwhile, driving the Cruze quickly will require flooring the throttle, at which point power and acceleration are largely on par with the Cruze’s competitive set. But there’s no happy medium, let alone a progressive response to progressively increased throttle pressure. It’s not that the Cruze is exhibiting egregious turbo lag; GM has simply caused the Cruze to be so bent on fuel efficiency that it always feels as though you’re pootling around in super-double-mega eco mode.

Want to squirt into that little opening in traffic with a quick punch of throttle? 177 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm should make that eminently doable, but no. Floor it, or you’ll get nothing. The upshift/downshift buttons on top of the shift lever don’t care about your suggestions."

Our pedal is very linear, we worked really hard to make it feel like a 1:1 input to power ratio
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Driver's Ed
    do you have any distributors in Canada for your tune?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Our pedal is very linear, we worked really hard to make it feel like a 1:1 input to power ratio
    The Cruze use a transmission control module. Can it be reprogrammed?
    Last edited by 17Cruzer; 01-23-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    2017 Cruze Premier RS Sedan (gas-auto)
    AEM LE2 Air Intake

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now