Cruze 1.8 Temp gauge haywire
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cruze 1.8 Temp gauge haywire

Gremlin is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Cruze 1.8 Temp gauge haywire

A month ago my temp gauge started reading 1/4 when the ignition was switched on (no engine started yet). The car was difficult to start but started eventually. After this it ran fine. After it had done this a couple of times the 'engine emission' light came on (little orange engine). I had the car tested and a new lambda sensor put in. This was after the same sensor was replaced under warranty two years ago. The car ran fine for a while but twice it did the temp gauge/difficult starting.
    Just 2 days ago the car went in for a service and MOT. It passed easily and nothing flagged up under diagnostics. The coolant was flushed and changed. The next day I was driving at 70 on the motorway and I noticed the temp gauge 2 notches below the red. I stopped to check everything was ok. I continued with the gauge reading hot but occasionally dipping to the 3/4 mark then jumping up again. When I reached heavy traffic and was stopped idling the gauge returned to normal!. When I started moving freely it jumped to hot again. On the return journey it read hot again, but only on the motorway - not in the city. I checked to see if speed affected it - 50, 60, 70 but it behaved the same. The fan was blowing when I stopped and I checked the engine. It was cool enough to touch and all the time the car ran fine. I checked the mpg figures on the journey and they were normal. This morning I turned the ignition on and the temp gauge jumped to 1/4 as per the picture. The car just did not want to start. It did eventually but it took a while. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)