Anyone know what this bolt hole is for?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone know what this bolt hole is for?

Scrubbydo1 is online now [OP]
    Handbrake Released

Anyone know what this bolt hole is for?

Installing throttle body spacer and found this hole for a bolt just to the passenger side towards the front of the car of the throttle body. Anyone know what it might be for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbydo1 View Post
    ...found this hole for a bolt ... Anyone know what it might be for?
    I can't help myself............................................ ..a bolt?
    obermd, JDH, guuyuk and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Handbrake Released
    Bahahahahahahaha, touche

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Haha nah but let us know how the throttle body spacer treats you. I know typically those things are considered snake oil but I saw BNR offers one so it would be interesting to see some controlled testing done on one of our cars since they don't offer anything in the way of dyno charts, testing, etc.

Handbrake Released
    Will do. I bought it because....why not

Handbrake Released
    Installing throttle body spacer and found this hole for a bolt just to the passenger side towards the front of the car of the throttle body. Anyone know what it might be for?
    Speculating, it may be for a different model which uses that same engine. I don't have a gen2 Cruze to check, so I can't say for sure. But in my experience with cars, mostly GM, there are typically several unused but tapped holes on/around the engine.

Doug

obermd likes this.
    -- Silver 2013 Cruze 1LS
    -- Copper 2012 Cruze 2LS
    Hidden Content

Handbrake Released
    Will do. Bought it because why not, also, it had two threaded ports for easy install of boost gauge and water injection

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamantman View Post
    Haha nah but let us know how the throttle body spacer treats you. I know typically those things are considered snake oil but I saw BNR offers one so it would be interesting to see some controlled testing done on one of our cars since they don't offer anything in the way of dyno charts, testing, etc.
    I can’t speak of it performance-wise, but I do hear a bit more gulp from the intake, it’s a tad louder (which is why I did all the turbo noise upgrades), so I like it. Also, the tap for the vacuum/boost gauge makes the use of the gauge so nice and easy, and it works phenomenally well even with a 22 dollar JDM gauge.

I can’t speak of it performance-wise, but I do hear a bit more gulp from the intake, it’s a tad louder (which is why I did all the turbo noise upgrades), so I like it. Also, the tap for the vacuum/boost gauge makes the use of the gauge so nice and easy, and it works phenomenally well even with a 22 dollar JDM gauge.

Ah I forgot about the taps on the throttle body spacer. Yeah that's really helpful and a great spot to monitor boost so that's probably worth the 60 bucks alone.

I'd imagine it might help a tad at high rpm (like 1-5hp) but I wouldnt think anyone would notice anything with their seat of the pants gauge 😂

These engines are just designed so efficiently now it's tough to squeeze more out of them with something that simple.

The question that always arises though is if it was that easy to make 5 more hp and get a few more mpgs then why wouldnt they do that from the factory?

Ya got any pics of the install Scrubby?

Handbrake Released
    The question that always arises though is if it was that easy to make 5 more hp and get a few more mpgs then why wouldnt they do that from the factory?
    Emissions. I don't pretend to understand all the details, but there are cases where the emissions go up even though the fuel consumption is going down. I know, it's counter intuitive, but sometimes the pollution output goes up even tho less fuel is being burned.

Wear rate may be another reason. Maybe the chance of worn rings or burnt valves goes up with the increased HP.

Doug

Cruzer4326 likes this.
    -- Silver 2013 Cruze 1LS
    -- Copper 2012 Cruze 2LS
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)