Holden Cruze (Aussie's) - Page 5
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

View Poll Results: Which State are you in ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Queensland

7 25.00%
  • New South Wales

6 21.43%
  • Victoria

5 17.86%
  • Australian Capital Territory

0 0%
  • South Australia

3 10.71%
  • Northern Territory

0 0%
  • Western Australia

6 21.43%
  • Tasmania

1 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Holden Cruze (Aussie's)

Quote Originally Posted by Ma v e n View Post
    The Holden Astra BL sedan is an American Cruze, which isn't a rebadged Opel Astra K. The Holden Astra BK hatch back is an Opel Astra K.

The first and second generation Holden Astras were Nissans not Toyotas. The Astra was never a Toyota based product as far as I know.
    Whoops! That's right, it was the Nova that was a Corolla, and the Astra was a Pulsar!

The Chinese-built Cruze is not the same as the US-built Cruze, there are BCM programming differences, it uses different wiring harnesses and globes, the body panels are generally the same (but I wouldn'y purchase replacement headlights unless I was sure I could return them).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by grs1961 View Post
    The Holden Astra BL sedan is an American Cruze, which isn't a rebadged Opel Astra K. The Holden Astra BK hatch back is an Opel Astra K.

The first and second generation Holden Astras were Nissans not Toyotas. The Astra was never a Toyota based product as far as I know.
    Whoops! That's right, it was the Nova that was a Corolla, and the Astra was a Pulsar!

The Chinese-built Cruze is not the same as the US-built Cruze, there are BCM programming differences, it uses different wiring harnesses and globes, the body panels are generally the same (but I wouldn'y purchase replacement headlights unless I was sure I could return them).
    Never mentioned the Chinese Cruze...But...You're right they aren't exactly the same, but that's to be expected.
    They have different engines and transmissions, different lighting layouts(but same physical housing dimensions) wiring harness differences?....Only in that they need to be in order to operate the things that are different(i.e.: different engines, trans, additional rear light bulbs, etc...) But an Astra/Cruze LS has different harnesses than an LTZ
    Different BCM calibrations? Yeah, but see above...Calibrations change from trim level to trim level, obviously they change from market to market, that doesn't fundamentally change the car.

The Holden Astra BL is basically a rebadged RHD American Cruze. There's minimal changes to it other than those required to make it legal in Australia and make it look a little more like the BK hatch.

The BK hatch IS a rebadged Opel Astra.

The BK and the BL are notably different cars.

Never mentioned the Chinese Cruze...But...You're right they aren't exactly the same, but that's to be expected.
    And that's the one that GM-H are selling in Oz as the Astra sedan.

The Holden Astra BL is basically a rebadged RHD American Cruze.
    No, the Holden Astra BL is a re-badged Chinese-built Cruze, it has never been anywhere near the USA.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Funny enough the car I had before this one was a 96 Holden Nova.....rebadged Corolla....great Toyota engine....engine was strong...rest of the car fell down around it.

4th Gear
    And that's the one that GM-H are selling in Oz as the Astra sedan.

The Holden Astra BL is basically a rebadged RHD American Cruze.
    No, the Holden Astra BL is a re-badged Chinese-built Cruze, it has never been anywhere near the USA.

You have anything showing what factory in China the BL is built in? Everything I'm aware of has the BL built in South Korea.

World Rally Champion
    Sydney, Australia, Suburb called Lalor Park.
    Your wiki copypasta is strong...
    The bolded words are unnecessary.
    Sorry about that, I didn't alter the type, that is just how it was in the original.
    Hidden Content
    2012 Holden Cruze CDX Diesel, Nitrate Silver,
    Tinted windows, SRI-V wheels. Built July 2012, MY13 model

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    Your wiki copypasta is strong...
    The bolded words are unnecessary.
    Sorry about that, I didn't alter the type, that is just how it was in the original.
    No worries.

Driver's Ed
    You have anything showing what factory in China the BL is built in? Everything I'm aware of has the BL built in South Korea.
    Everything I have ever seen is that it is built in South Korea. Never seen anything referencing China and I did a ton of research on this vehicle before purchase.

It's what the Trade Press here in Oz was reporting as GM-H was pulling out of building cars locally, along with them closing the Daewoo plant in South Korea where my Cruze was built back in 2009 (along with a bunch of Premiere Lacettis ).

But then, the only thing that tells more lies than a Muttering Rotter is a Car Company Executive talking to a Muttering Rotter, so we know where that ends.

Hey, OP tarlyncladdath, could you post the first half or so of your VIN? I could wander over to a dealer and have a look myself, but I've been in there once this year already (for the airbag replacement) and don't want to risk catching anything!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)