Seat Swap?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Seat Swap?

Learning about my Cruze

Seat Swap?

Hi everyone,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2018 diesel hatch! One of the only things I didn't get was the leather so I was considering a seat swap

I have a lead of a full set of seats from a 2017 hatch in black leather. Just like mine they are heated front seats with power driver and manual passenger

Has anyone done a swap like this? I hope/imagine that it is pretty much a plug and play ordeal to swap out but hoping someone else might know more before I pull the trigger (getting them shipped is a little pricey)

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Haven't done it, but per the factory service manual both seats use the same connectors, and have the same connector population(all wires in same places with same purposes) I'd say it's plug and play. As long as both sets are power, and heated.

Touring Champion
    Should be a very straightforward swap, as @Ma v e n stated.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    You can always have yours recovered. As I recall, it was about $1000.00 last time I looked.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Learning about my Cruze
    Ok thanks everyone!

Yeah I mostly just wanted to make sure the wiring was the same so I didn't have to start messing with that. It would make sense of course on a modular assembly line. I don't yet have access to any service manuals to check wiring out myself so glad to see its a match.

All in with shipping I'm looking at around 600-650 which seems doable to me and probably less than recovering (plus whatever I could get for my original seats which are pristine)

Looking at it the only thing that looked a little scary was the seat belt mechanism that goes into the B pillar (where there is an airbag) I wonder if I would have to mess with that to get the new seats in??

4th Gear
    Nope, there's one screw that holds the seat belt to the seat. You don't need to mess with the retractor assembly

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma v e n View Post
    Nope, there's one screw that holds the seat belt to the seat. You don't need to mess with the retractor assembly

ahhh that makes sense, I was afraid I'd have to mess with that belt mechanism. I do notice on mine on the drivers seat plastic at the base of the seat it says "airbag" which was making me think there was an airbag in the seat? or do they all say that and just refer to other airbags in the car. I'm always a little more reluctant to mess with airbags (and of course salvaging seats from wrecked cars would pose an issue) Otherwise just sounds like some bolts and a few wiring connectors

BOOOOST!
    I recovered a GEN 1 seat, and had it apart down to the springs. If the GEN 2 seats are similar construction to that of a GEN1 make sure that the seat belt retractor has not blown. This is attached to the buckle and with a collision will tighten the seat belt to the occupant.

The second thing is the airbag on the outside bolster of the seat. Typically you can see if the seat cover is torn the airbag let loose. However unless you've worked on seats before you might not know about the explosive charge in the seat buckle that's part of the seat.

You probably could move these parts from your factory seats to make this work if you had to, but this lowers the value of the seat's your trying to sell.
    2012 Cruze LT, 1.4L, AT 78,000 Miles as of 1/19
    Looking for EV for next car.. Bolt or maybe Model 3 if Chevy doesn't speed up their EV's to the marketplace!

Previous Rides
    2002 Intrigue 3.5L,LX5, AT 135,000- Owned for 10 years.. PM for Intrigue help. P1811 also a problem with this car.
    2000 Intrigue 3.5L, LX5, AT, 89,000- Owned for 12 years.. Dreaded P1811 killed this transmission.

Learning about my Cruze
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I just pulled the trigger and ordered them. $625 for the whole set shipped seemed pretty reasonable for me. Need a little cleaning up but in good shape.

I'll let you know how the swap goes when they arrive. If everything goes smoothly I'll also have a pristine set of black cloth seats for sale when I'm done if anyone on this forum is in the market.

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by resurgent cineribus View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I just pulled the trigger and ordered them. $625 for the whole set shipped seemed pretty reasonable for me. Need a little cleaning up but in good shape.

I'll let you know how the swap goes when they arrive. If everything goes smoothly I'll also have a pristine set of black cloth seats for sale when I'm done if anyone on this forum is in the market.
    Take some before, during and after photo's and write us nice How-To: for our collection.

How-To: Write a Tutorial

and then post your for sale seats here:

Cruze Parts

Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)