Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Illuminated Emblem "Glowtie" Install on a 2017 Cruze Premier RS

14K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Cocoabeans 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow Cruzers,

Below is my first project of 2019. I always loved the look of the "Glowtie" on the new Camaros so when I saw they released it for the Cruze I was interested. It's a pricey mod for what it is so I initially put in on the back burner... Fast forward to last week I was pleasantly surprised with an early birthday present from my Dad.

The "Glowtie" was installed in about 20 mins it plugs in directly into either the left or right side headlight assembly and comes with zip ties to keep everything neat and tidy. After removing the stock emblem you do have to drill a hole in the center of the grill for the wire to run through, but it is completely covered by the new badge. I'm pretty satisfied with the look and when it's not lit the chrome backing gives it a stock appearance.

Since my Cruze is a 2017, the stock badge is gold (GM Part: 84377301 Sedan, GM Part: 84377302 Hatch) so I ended up blacking mine out with some Plastidip.

Stock badge in gold.
Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Hood Car

Black after Plastidip.
View attachment 270179
Night
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Bumper

Up Close.
Black Vehicle Car Emblem Automotive exterior

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
If you took enough pictures, maybe you'd be willing to write a tutorial about this? If so, read this

How-To: Write a Tutorial

and post it here when your finished.

Gen2 Appearance/Body Tutorials
Unfortunately I didn't take any installation pictures but I could probably recreate the steps, take a few pics and write up a tutorial when I get time. It was a simple plug and play job the only actual modification to the car would be a drilled hole for the wire to enter the engine bay. I was actually surprised with how easy it was to do.

#12 ·
looks cool i was gonna do this on my camaro as well as my cruze but i already have the regular black ones on both and dont care that much lol

Reactions: Cocoabeans
#15 ·
[/QUOTE]

The existing badge has four clips on the back of it that can be accessed when opening the hood and removing the plastic cover held on by 3 push clips (Easily removed with a flat head screwdriver). After removing that piece you will have access to the headlights and room to run the connection cable. The most time consuming part of the install was drilling the hole after removing the stock badge. The badge lights up when you remote start the car but is off during the day unless you turn you headlights on manually. When it's lit you can't see it at all during the day but at night it's surprisingly bright.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting - I wonder how it knows to not turn on during the day. Seems like it's just plugging into the DRL's. Any idea what the connector is that it's going to?

#17 ·
Hello fellow Cruzers,

Below is my first project of 2019. I always loved the look of the "Glowtie" on the new Camaros so when I saw they released it for the Cruze I was interested. It's a pricey mod for what it is so I initially put in on the back burner... Fast forward to last week I was pleasantly surprised with an early birthday present from my Dad.

The "Glowtie" was installed in about 20 mins it plugs in directly into either the left or right side headlight assembly and comes with zip ties to keep everything neat and tidy. After removing the stock emblem you do have to drill a hole in the center of the grill for the wire to run through, but it is completely covered by the new badge. I'm pretty satisfied with the look and when it's not lit the chrome backing gives it a stock appearance.

Since my Cruze is a 2017, the stock badge is gold (GM Part: 84377301 Sedan, GM Part: 84377302 Hatch) so I ended up blacking mine out with some Plastidip.

Stock badge in gold.
View attachment 270185
Black after Plastidip.
View attachment 270179
Night
View attachment 270181
Up Close.
View attachment 270183
It is a genuine GM part (GM Part: 84377301 Sedan, GM Part: 84377302 Hatch). Unfortunately it seems to be exclusive to Gen 2 cars at this time.
The Illuminated Bowtie (black or gold) for my Silverado is $125 more than the Cruze. Aren't the Bowties the same size on the Gen1s? Could always vinyl wrap the gold part with black vinyl.

#18 ·
Chevy offers a Black and Gold option for the 2019+ but I could not find anything but gold for the 2017. I plastidipped mine black which I've done with most of my cars holds up and is completely reversible. As far as badge size goes the Silverado is much larger and flatter than the Cruze 2nd Gen. The Cruze has a slight bend to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.