Decided to try my hand at vinyl wrapping
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Decided to try my hand at vinyl wrapping

Iamantman is online now [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze Iamantman's Avatar
    Got a roll of high gloss carbon wrap for Christmas and it finally warmed up enough this weekend to give a shot at wrapping. I really like the look of this in indirect light or at night time. In high sun the clear coat of the wrap looks a little like orange peel which isn't the end of the world but I'm a stickler for that kind of thing. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and it's easy to remove if I change my mind. Check it out!

Vivid Vinyl Carbon Wrap 1 https://imgur.com/gallery/RsFdWu8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iamantman; 04-08-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    plano-doug and Cruzen18 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    This is what I get with that link...

Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.

Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.
    If you are looking for groovy images, visit our gallery!
    snowwy66 and Knapman like this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Oh that's weird it works on my end. I attached it in my post. Hope that's easier!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released nightfallgrey2018's Avatar
    Seems nice. You did a great job. I have the exact same wrap from Vivid Shop, same color still in the carton tube that I ordered last year and could never find the time to try it out. I might just try it.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfallgrey2018 View Post
    Seems nice. You did a great job. I have the exact same wrap from Vivid Shop, same color still in the carton tube that I ordered last year and could never find the time to try it out. I might just try it.
    Hey thanks! Yeah it wasn't too bad to work with. I used a hair dryer too and not a heat gun so I'd imagine if you've got a heat gun on hand it would be even easier. A couple of the corners we're tough because the radius was so tight but it just took a little more time is all.

I'm going to do the trim piece on the dash around the radio to match as well so I'll follow up w more pics soon!

Finished the dash trim! I'm pretty happy w how this came out but **** that dash piece was tough. Had to do more cutting than I'd like so I'm not sure how this will last. But it's a quick job if I ever want to try and redo it down the road. There are just so many tight corners inside and out on that piece.

At any rate, check it out!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nightfallgrey2018 likes this.

Handbrake Released nightfallgrey2018's Avatar
    Nice job!

3rd Gear
    Well done, sir!
    I'm guessing not with the gloss finish, but let us know if it helps with sun glare at all.

Learning about my Cruze Ncfutrell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzen18 View Post
    Well done, sir!
    I'm guessing not with the gloss finish, but let us know if it helps with sun glare at all.
    I had wrapped mine in “dry” red carbon fiber wrap. That would be the no-to-low gloss vinyl. Absolutely zero glare from it.

Also, once I tinted the visor strip on the windshield to 5%; there has been significantly less glare from my 7” display. Although, I feel the dark strip has also shrunken my field of vision lol

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamantman View Post
    Got a roll of high gloss carbon wrap for Christmas and it finally warmed up enough this weekend to give a shot at wrapping. I really like the look of this in indirect light or at night time. In high sun the clear coat of the wrap looks a little like orange peel which isn't the end of the world but I'm a stickler for that kind of thing. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and it's easy to remove if I change my mind. Check it out!

Vivid Vinyl Carbon Wrap 1 https://imgur.com/gallery/RsFdWu8
    Hey man looks good! Yeah the orange peel wouldn't be a big deal but would totally drive me nuts inside too. Any tips for someone trying this for their first time?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)