Fog lights install help
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fog lights install help

BBSoup32 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Fog lights install help

Hey guys - has anyone here successfully installed aftermarket fog lights on their gen 2? I'm looking at ordering the Spyder but I'm not 100% confident I'll be able to do it. If you've done it can you please let know know the challenges that you came across! Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    I just typed Gen II Fog in the search bar and got a lot of hits.

This is one of them

fog light are in the cruze premier!

There are no How-To:'s yet. You can be the first

How-To: Write a Tutorial

Last edited by Blasirl; 04-20-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

BBSoup32 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasirl View Post
    I just typed Gen II Fog in the search bar and got a lot of hits.

This is one of them

fog light are in the cruze premier!

There are no How-To:'s yet. You can be the first

How-To: Write a Tutorial
    Yeah I found a few just show casing having them put in but nothing actually showing an install. My biggest concern/question is where to draw the power and where/how do I get the switch inside the car??

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BBSoup32 View Post
    Yeah I found a few just show casing having them put in but nothing actually showing an install. My biggest concern/question is where to draw the power and where/how do I get the switch inside the car??
    I would think you could use an Add-a-Fuse or connect to the power outlet fuse for power. I went as far as adding an aux fuse block as I had a number of accessories to add. As for routing, on the auto Gen I's there is a plug where the clutch linkage goes that can be drilled and grommet-ed to allow a passage for wires. I would think the Gen II's are similar.

IMG_1158.jpgbackside of firewall access plug - compressed.jpg

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Learning about my Cruze Ncfutrell's Avatar

Fog lights install help

I’m not sure about the spyder, but the winjet kit I ordered had came with a wiring harness. The wiring harness will have a 12v source that goes on the positive terminal by your fuse block under-hood. Then you route the wiring towards the front, hiding your wiring. I ran, and zip tied, the harness across the front stabilizer bar to make it to the other side(there is another harness already ran through there).

As far as switch wiring, I just ran my switch wire into the passenger fender, and came into the cab of the car through the door wiring grommet. That is how I got it inside the car. Hide all your wiring, and it will look great and be unnoticeable.

For my switched 12v, I used an add-a-fuse on the instrument cluster fuse, in the fuse block beneath the center display. I grounded on the frame for the center console.

My girlfriend has the car at work right now, but tomorrow I can have some pics of everything. And a better explanation.

Do not forget to order the windshield washer reservoir for a Cruze with fog lights. Otherwise, you will not be able to install the bulb on the drivers side. There is a huge difference between the two tanks as far as clearance. That is held on by four bolts.

Last edited by Ncfutrell; 04-21-2019 at 11:36 AM.

BBSoup32 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncfutrell View Post
    I’m not sure about the spyder, but the winjet kit I ordered had came with a wiring harness. The wiring harness will have a 12v source that goes on the positive terminal by your fuse block under-hood. Then you route the wiring towards the front, hiding your wiring. I ran, and zip tied, the harness across the front stabilizer bar to make it to the other side(there is another harness already ran through there).

As far as switch wiring, I just ran my switch wire into the passenger fender, and came into the cab of the car through the door wiring grommet. That is how I got it inside the car. Hide all your wiring, and it will look great and be unnoticeable.

For my switched 12v, I used an add-a-fuse on the instrument cluster fuse, in the fuse block beneath the center display. I grounded on the frame for the center console.

My girlfriend has the car at work right now, but tomorrow I can have some pics of everything. And a better explanation.

Do not forget to order the windshield washer reservoir for a Cruze with fog lights. Otherwise, you will not be able to install the bulb on the drivers side. There is a huge difference between the two tanks as far as clearance. That is held on by four bolts.

These are the ones I bought: https://ebay.us/kL9emY

Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. I'm still not fully understanding how you ran the wires into the car through the passenger fender well?
    Also - Did you have to remove the front bumper to install?

So essentially the harness will have a 12v supply that goes to the + l terminal under the hood, then run the switch into the cabin and use add a fuse too the instrument cluster fuse? Doing this, what type of function do you have with the dogs? Can you turn them on and off whenever? And where did you mount the switch?

Thanks again!

BBSoup32 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    I would think you could use an Add-a-Fuse or connect to the power outlet fuse for power. I went as far as adding an aux fuse block as I had a number of accessories to add. As for routing, on the auto Gen I's there is a plug where the clutch linkage goes that can be drilled and grommet-ed to allow a passage for wires. I would think the Gen II's are similar.

IMG_1158.jpgbackside of firewall access plug - compressed.jpg
    Hey man - I got my kit today and for the life of me I can't figure out where/how does the bulb housing mount? I've attached some pictures.

Formula One Champion
    Hey man - I got my kit today and for the life of me I can't figure out where/how does the bulb housing mount? I've attached some pictures.
    Looking at one of the pictures from the link you provided, you should be able to assemble it.

assembly detail.jpg

And as for the wiring route, look for the trans cable bushing/grommet under the hood and also under the dash. I cannot find the corresponding diagram, but here are both the auto and manual exploded diagrams. Both are item #4.

Hidden Content

BBSoup32 is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Looking at one of the pictures from the link you provided, you should be able to assemble it.

assembly detail.jpg

And as for the wiring route, look for the trans cable bushing/grommet under the hood and also under the dash. I cannot find the corresponding diagram, but here are both the auto and manual exploded diagrams. Both are item #4.

Yeah I thought so too, however there's no way to attach it. I think the picture is just showing it next to each other.
    I opened up the blank insert on the car and this is what it looks like. I'm assuming the lens mounts on this somehow? Maybe the frame snaps into the opening on the backside??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Learning about my Cruze Ncfutrell's Avatar
    The fog light snaps in from behind your bumper. Kind of hard to get it to snap completely in. And about the pics to my wiring, I haven’t seen my girlfriend too much this week because of work, but I’m still trying.
    Blasirl likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)