Gauge pods?
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gauge pods?

Scrubbydo1 is online now [OP]
    Handbrake Released

Gauge pods?

Anyone know where to get a decent set of gauge pods for 2017 LT RS Hatch? I just tuned and would like a boost gauge and oil pressure at least. Not finding anything decently fitted, and never put these gauges in anything but a snowmobile, so not even sure where to look. Google only found stuff for gen 1 when I was looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Someone else might have other info, but there are none yet that I am aware of.

Formula One Champion
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    I have an idea that just might be crazy enough to work. I’m going to investigate it when I’m at Chevy today, I’ll keep posted if it will actually turn into something.

Yeah I just searched for this recently too as I'd like to install a boost gauge as well. Nothing official. This is very doable as a DIY though as Blasir posted above. If you've got some fab skills, anything is possible B-)

There are a metric ton of aftermarket "universal" options though so you can make it work for sure.

Handbrake Released
    I want it to look very clean and as if it belongs. You shouldn’t put it on he a pillar due to the airbags, and every time you take the a pillar off you have to order and replace the harness in there. You’d have to do major modifying on the dash to get it there. But I have an idea, that I am looking into today, which will hopefully be cheap and I’ll know in the next week if I can do it, ordered the gauge and it will arrive on Saturday, and I need a body piece from chevrolet I’ll order today. Will update

Oooh the anticipation is gonna kill me! Haha.

I'll probably just mount mine on the dash above the left defroster vent. I'm not I terested in mounting on the pillar either.

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbydo1 View Post

You shouldn’t put it on he a pillar due to the airbags,
    If you pay attention to the placement of the pods and associated wiring with regards to the airbag, you should not have that much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbydo1 View Post
    every time you take the a pillar off you have to order and replace the harness in there.
    Not if you are careful

If you look at the Gen I pods and some of the install threads it may make more sense.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

It's not an issue of being able to install it. You can install anything anywhere. It's an issue of if and when the airbags do go off, you then have a guage flying at you head instead of an airbag.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)