Finally got the boost gauge figured out
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Finally got the boost gauge figured out

Scrubbydo1 is online now [OP]
    Learning about my Cruze

Finally got the boost gauge figured out

Let me know what you think. It took several hours to get it done very carefully, and to make sure it looks really good and not shoddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lmiller0810 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear
    Looks like it should be centered of have another gauge on the other side. Looks imbalanced. Seems like a clean install though...Nice job.

How easy it to remove/can you still access the fuse panel?

Learning about my Cruze
    I plan on putting air/fuel next to it, and it pulls out just as easy. It’s attached to the fuse panel with wires going through the hand hole

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Yeah clean install! You think it'll be functional down there though? I feel like I'd like it in my field of vision while driving.

Learning about my Cruze
    I’m pretty tall, I sit far back where it’s just a glance, and just to see where it’s at when I am curious.

Touring Champion
    I'd want it up in the A-pillar, but...nobody makes a pillar with pods for the 2nd gen, so...that's a pretty good spot to put it that looks clean.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

Learning about my Cruze
    They don’t make it for the pillar due to the airbags in them. They don’t want the liability of a gauge is propelled by airbag into your face

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbydo1 View Post
    They don’t make it for the pillar due to the airbags in them. They don’t want the liability of a gauge is propelled by airbag into your face

Nah, just because there's only 4 models years of car, and no high performance version. There's no market. Plenty of cars with roof bags have had pillars. Including Gen1 Cruze and Cobalts.

Formula One Champion

This is my Gen I. You can just see the airbag behind the pillar cover in the second pic.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma v e n View Post
    Nah, just because there's only 4 models years of car, and no high performance version. There's no market. Plenty of cars with roof bags have had pillars. Including Gen1 Cruze and Cobalts.
    Well, I mean, technically the 1st gen only had like 5.5 model years, and the gauge pillar was out within the first few years.

For whatever reason, the aftermarket for the 2nd gen just simply didn't seem to exist to the extent of the 1st gen at all. It's quite odd, honestly.

But yeah, absolutely nothing to do with the pillar bag.
    Last edited by MP81; 05-14-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Black Bowties
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs & Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)