Hardwire radar for mirror mount on 2017 LT
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eddy Cruze

Thread: Hardwire radar for mirror mount on 2017 LT

Driver's Ed

Question Hardwire radar for mirror mount on 2017 LT

I have been looking for a potential way to hard wire my radar detector into my 2017 LT. It has the standard mirror and OnStar in the ceiling. Think there is a way to route a wire and pull power from the OnStar? I'm about to email MirrorTap and see if they have anything.

FYI I am looking to do this because I'm not a big fan of sending wire through the A Pillar and maintaining a clean appearance while minimizing clutter.

Has anyone done the wiring? Photos?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    nope I ending doing the pillar. I made a whole new fuse box from battery because IMO going from other things could lead to many bad things. as I have done that 20+ yrs ago. I have a slew of extra things on my car this is why I went this route

Formula One Champion
    Welcome Aboard!

Can you tap off of the map lights? At least they are keyed off & on as OnStar is not.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    Yes, that's the easiest way is to run power off the Dome light, did it twice to two cruzes now...

World Rally Champion Eddy Cruze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzen Vegas View Post
    Yes, that's the easiest way is to run power off the Dome light, did it twice to two cruzes now...
    So you did it 4 times
    Blasirl likes this.

Driver's Ed
    So, pulled my car out of storage and started fiddling. Attached are some photos of a MirrorTap kit meant for a C6 vette being plugged about on the LT onstar. The length needs to be a bit longer, however I could not pull power. Figure it's because I don't know what's a ground off the wires. I'll be prodding about later, but here's the now: a photo of the Onstar plug I wish to work with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyCraft View Post
    So, pulled my car out of storage and started fiddling. Attached are some photos of a MirrorTap kit meant for a C6 vette being plugged about on the LT onstar. The length needs to be a bit longer, however I could not pull power. Figure it's because I don't know what's a ground off the wires. I'll be prodding about later, but here's the now: a photo of the Onstar plug I wish to work with.
    on 2017 premier - After finally finding a 12v source [alot of 5v there]and ground and using them, I soon found oem monitors current draw and was not happy. Ended up running back to fuse box

Formula One Champion
    If your mirror was a auto dimming, the mirror tap would have worked.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

BOOOOST!
    Old thread, but how do you remove the Onstar Covers. It looks like a clamshell, but do you pull apart in the center, or from the back. I dont wanna break any clips.
    2017 Nightfall Gray Metallic Hatch/ RS Premier/ BNR Tuned (Current Daily Grinder)
    2014 Blue Ray Metallic Eco 6MT/ BNR Tuned (Retired)
    2013 Silver Ice Metallic Eco 6MT/ Trifecta Tuned by BNR (Retired)
    2012 Autumn Metallic Eco 6MT (Retired)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)