DPF delete issues
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MRO1791

Thread: DPF delete issues

14cruzLUZ is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

DPF delete issues

Hi all. So I’ve just recently had the delete done on my car and timing belt replacement. Since the delete my car is more sluggish than before and when it was reprogrammed I got the +60 hp tune from fleece. I’m stumped as to what is holding me back, because my cousin has one that’s deleted and hers has the stock tune and it practically burns the tires off from a stop and it’s very peppy. Mine is basically stock but it seems a little slower now and it wants to downshift a lot when I give it any throttle. I’ve checked for boost leaks, all hoses are in good condition, fuel filter is at 32% and I haven’t changed it in 6 months but I doubt that’s my problem.. If anyone has had similar issues and could help me out that would be great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by 14cruzLUZ View Post
    Hi all. So I’ve just recently had the delete done on my car and timing belt replacement. Since the delete my car is more sluggish than before and when it was reprogrammed I got the +60 hp tune from fleece. I’m stumped as to what is holding me back, because my cousin has one that’s deleted and hers has the stock tune and it practically burns the tires off from a stop and it’s very peppy. Mine is basically stock but it seems a little slower now and it wants to downshift a lot when I give it any throttle. I’ve checked for boost leaks, all hoses are in good condition, fuel filter is at 32% and I haven’t changed it in 6 months but I doubt that’s my problem.. If anyone has had similar issues and could help me out that would be great!
    You might get more help posting this in the Gen 1 Cruze, Diesel Technical Discussion forums. You are in Gen 2 here.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    sledstorm1 likes this.
    2x 2018 Cruze TD (1- Manual, 1- Auto), 2017 Cruze TD Auto, 2015 Cruze TD, 2009 Dodge Ram Cummins, former 2012 VW Jetta TDI

When I want my Gen 2 Diesel to be faster, I temporarily delete the whole car and drive my 2005 GTO or 2015 SS Sedan.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    When I want my Gen 2 Diesel to be faster, I temporarily delete the whole car and drive my 2005 GTO or 2015 SS Sedan.
    That will make it faster, but it then deletes the Diesel MPG.. seems it is impossible to have it all!
    2x 2018 Cruze TD (1- Manual, 1- Auto), 2017 Cruze TD Auto, 2015 Cruze TD, 2009 Dodge Ram Cummins, former 2012 VW Jetta TDI

DPF delete issues

I would not be averse to deleting the DPF after proper investigation and maybe running the car solely “off road”. but my preference is that GM gladly provide free DPFs and DEF/DPF/sensor/software repairs for the life of the car and/or myself, for at least 100k miles on the car and 100 years for me.

It’s throwing an OBD code now, probably DPF-related. I doubt it is either “DEF cap loose” or “Diesel cap loose”. :/

Sent from my sofa

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)