Suggested Shut Down Procedure... - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Suggested Shut Down Procedure...

Handbrake Released
    Guess I'm just a speed shifter, never had this problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    I have a 2017 LT with only 3300 mi and the auto S/S and it annoys me to death.
    I'm 53 and quite mechanically inclined and because of that I'm aware of the additional wear and tear on the starting/charging system.
    So where can I purchase the "module" you mention?
    Does using the module affect the warranty?

Z71
    Driver's Ed
    I would like to ask a related quesiton about shutting down this diesel engine. Is it recommended to let the engine idle for a few seconds before shuttting it down? This would be mainly for the benefit of the turbocharger.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Put it in L mode when you get into a parking lot, I don’t think it will stop the engine in L mode but don’t quote me on that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st Gear
    The Auto S/S is extremely dangerous for me so I can put it in L9 all the time every time. Trying to get into traffic from a parking lot or side street on an super busy road is dangerous with Auto S/S, the lag is ridiculous for me at least.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruz15 View Post
    The Auto S/S is extremely dangerous for me so I can put it in L9 all the time every time. Trying to get into traffic from a parking lot or side street on an super busy road is dangerous with Auto S/S, the lag is ridiculous for me at least.
    Maybe there is something wrong with your vehicle? Mine starts up so fast after taking my foot off the brake that by the time my foot get to the gas pedal its ready to go.

I have learned to maximize the amount of time the engine is off at a light, I make sure not to leave much space between me and the car in front because they will usually creep up a little, and make sure not to let off the brake until the light turns green.

The amount of extra wear on the engine does concern me but with modern oil I doubt it will make much of a difference in the long run. As for the starting and charging systems, from what I have read they were built to able to withstand that so we will see, if starters need replacing too soon then they didnt do a very good job of redesigning them.
    jblackburn and mkohan like this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)