Suggested Shut Down Procedure...
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Suggested Shut Down Procedure...

Driver's Ed

Lightbulb Suggested Shut Down Procedure...

Hi all,

Mentioned to my cousin that when you pull into a parking spot with a 9SP S/S, the car shuts off in Drive, only to restart when going into Park, only to be shut down again....

She suggested leaving it in Drive, hitting the Stop button and then shifting the car into Park... Can't believe I didnt think of this?

The DIC says "Shift into Park." after the engine button is pressed and everything seems fine and dandy.

Maybe it's more complicated than this? Bad idea long term? Any suggestions are always invited!

Sincerely,

Brandon Binder

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Drag Racing Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder_Brandon View Post
    Hi all,

Mentioned to my cousin that when you pull into a parking spot with a 9SP S/S, the car shuts off in Drive, only to restart when going into Park, only to be shut down again....

She suggested leaving it in Drive, hitting the Stop button and then shifting the car into Park... Can't believe I didnt think of this?

The DIC says "Shift into Park." after the engine button is pressed and everything seems fine and dandy.

Maybe it's more complicated than this? Bad idea long term? Any suggestions are always invited!

Sincerely,

Brandon Binder
    Don't take so long to shift. And you won't shut down. I've never had a problem. I don't know why it's a big deal for all of you.

You can also buy a module and never have to worry about AS. Another way to solve your problem.
    MRO1791 likes this.

Driver's Ed
    "I don't know why it's a big deal for all of you."

Im not sure if you realise how fast the car is to shut off... Sometimes at red lights, it shuts off before the car has come to a LEGAL stop...

Have I offended you? Its almost like some group of drivers is an issue..? All of you. Hmm.

Anyways, thanks for your input, Ill remember to put my car into park while still in motion next time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Drag Racing Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder_Brandon View Post
    "I don't know why it's a big deal for all of you."

Im not sure if you realise how fast the car is to shut off... Sometimes at red lights, it shuts off before the car has come to a LEGAL stop...

Have I offended you? Its almost like some group of drivers is an issue..? All of you. Hmm.

Anyways, thanks for your input, Ill remember to put my car into park while still in motion next time.
    I don't park my car while it's in motion and YES I realize how fast it shuts off. I OWN ONE OF THEM. And I also have the module to defeat it.
    It was never a problem for ME. And it's defenitly not a problem now.

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

I knock it into neutral as I pull into a spot (a bit more annoying when parallel parking on the street outside if you don't catch it), then put it in park and turn it off.

But no, nothing wrong with turning if off still in Drive.
    Last edited by jblackburn; 04-14-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    MRO1791 and johnmo like this.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

There is nothing wrong with pressing the start/stop button when in drive if the engine stops on AS/S, then shift to park as prompted. This only helps if you are where you want to be parked when it happens. I have done this as well if I don't get it out of 'D' fast enough. I really do not like how fast the engine shuts off. The wheels have hardly stopped moving.

Another work around is to always drive in 'L' Low and shift it manually to 9. This does not cause any drive ability issues, and the Auto stop never activates. I try to remember to do this every time, as then you don't have to multitask while trying to park. If you want AS/S to work shift back to 'D'.
    MRO1791 likes this.
    2018 Cruze Turbo Diesel 1.6L 9T50 LT
    2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel 2.0L AF40-6
    (Sold) 38.2MPG DIC Lifetime Average

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    I knock it into neutral as I pull into a spot (a bit more annoying when parallel parking on the street outside if you don't catch it), then put it in park and turn it off.
    I have tried this a few times, and it does work.
    However, I find the stop abrupt when the 9T50 is shifted to N while rolling.
    2018 Cruze Turbo Diesel 1.6L 9T50 LT
    2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel 2.0L AF40-6
    (Sold) 38.2MPG DIC Lifetime Average

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

5th Gear
    I do like Brandon, stop, shut down, park.

If I'm at home or in an isolated spot I kill the ignition before I stop (often takes two button presses).

I just hope I never forget the 'shift into park' step.

With a stick shift car I kill the ignition about 100 yards before my driveway. No point wasting gas when I've got more than enough momentum to reach my garage.
    2017 Cruze LT RS
    2016 Cruze LT with Sun&Sound

I guess I got used to with 6mt of shifting to N and coasting to stop. It’s just 2nd nature to do the same with auto. I agree tho some close quarters parking that doesn’t work.
    johnmo likes this.
    '17 Cruze Hatchback 6 AT in Graphite Metallic
    '12 Cruze Eco 6MT traded with 148,000 mi. and A/C compressor and turbo gone

2nd Gear
    I also experience an almost instant auto stop when parking.

My solution is just tap the shifter into neutral as I'm coming into the parking spot, stop, put car in park and shut off.

Prevents auto stop / start.
    johnmo likes this.
    2018 Cruze RS Hatch Diesel A9

Factory retrofits: 120v inverter.
    Future retrofits: Auto HVAC, auto up driver window, turn signal mirrors, auto dimming interior mirror.

1st Gen: How to make your ECO take 15.6 Gallons of fuel properly:
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)