No taillights No marker light on drivers side - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No taillights No marker light on drivers side

Group B Rally Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mike_barbato View Post
    The harness was there but the connector had been either cut off or pulled off..very strange.
    As far as the connector, it may not have gotten all the way "clicked" on at the factory and just worked itself loose.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Banned

Cruze uses those tab bulbs like this.

They are not any better than the old fashion bayonet type bulbs, that need a brass base and a brass socket to turn them into, but definitely cheaper to manufacture. Instead of brass, and should be plated, use a piece of plastic with what should be a double U-shape tab hot on both sides, Cruze is only using a single tab.

On one of my back up lamps, that single tab was put in on the wrong side from the factory, so that bulb wouldn't work at all, I had to bend those cheap wires to the other side. Told my dealer about this, that harness is rather short for all the lamps, but refused to replace it, as long as bending those tabs to the other side worked.

Also the brass tabs inside that plastic housing can corrode so you don't make good contact, can be cleaned and coated with silicone to help retard corrosion.

Do you think there is a conspiracy between the cops and these socket manufacturers, so cop has a right to stop you in one bulb out? In Wisconsin, also have the right to search your vehicle when stopped. Not sure about other states.

Oh, and if Black and not cooperative, they will shoot you, because of a cheaply made bulb and socket.

Banned

Also found it convenient for me to open up that grommet that prong of the tail lamp housing plugs into and coating that with silicone grease.

Darn thing was so tight from the factory, darn near broke the housing trying to pull it out, not a darn reason in the world it has to be that tight. Think a member of this board said he broke his housing. I used a suction cup and a tow truck to pull mine out the first time.

For years been carrying a full complement of replacement bulbs and the tools I need to change them along with fuses all in a plastic bag sitting on top of my spare tire. With an easy to remove tail lamp housing, just a small phillips screwdriver.

For practically all vehicle I have owned for the front amber directional and parking, used a colored lens for this, same clear bulb as the rears. Cruze just had to use an amber bulb for this so had to buy two more. Its little details like this that tend to make me hate bean counters even more.

This way if stopped, a bulb can burn out at anytime, can change it then and there to avoid getting a warning ticket, then having to mail that in once a bulb is replaced.

Those front bumper marker lights are a pain to replace, have to turn the front wheel in, and pop out a bunch of those push pin rivets at the wheel well. Not even sure they are there, just a tiny 2 watt 194 bulb in there, with plenty of side lighting with that head lamp housing clear around the side. Can't even notice if they are on or not.

And it sure doesn't help getting all of this made in China crap.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)