New Cruze Owner
  1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By IndyDiesel
  • 2 Post By IndyDiesel
  • 2 Post By chevygirl6!
  • 1 Post By Blasirl
  • 1 Post By Cruzen18

Thread: New Cruze Owner

Driver's Ed

New Cruze Owner

Hi All,

I bought a new 2017 Cruze on Dec. 23rd last year. The reason why I decided to give Chevy another chance is the design of the car and some good reviews about it. And, it's affordable. Prior to the Cruze, I owned a 2006 Malibu SS. This car gave me nothing but problem. I'm sure you wonder why on earth I wanted to buy another chevy, right? Yes, I'm an idiot!!

Well, this new Cruze is great so far but with a little issues. When the AC is on, it has some humming noise. Other than that, after driving about 20 miles and when the engine gets hot, the air that blow through the vent is hot air. Mind you, the weather is about 60 degree outside and I dialed the temperature to the coolest, but all i got is hot air. I have to turn the AC on. Because of these issues, I wouldn't be able to sleep, it really stresses me out. I thought buying a new car should be enjoyable, but it does't seem like that in my situation.

Sorry for whining in here.

You all enjoy the rest of your weekend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest to take to your Chevrolet dealer and calmly share your experience and see if they can help you, one of the benefits of purchasing a new car is to let the dealer fix or address service issues, let us know how it goes.
    jblackburn and Sunline Fan like this.
    2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier RS 11k
    2003 Buick Park Avenue 80k
    2004 Ford F-150 Reg Cab, 4.2L 45k
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI 190k

2015 Chevrolet Cruze CTD 71k traded
    2004 Cadillac Deville DHS 90k SOLD
    2002 Ford F-150 extended cab 4.6L 133k. SOLD

Driver's Ed
    Yes, I did. I went to the dealer where I bought on Feb 9, but the service department not helpful at all. So, I went to a different dealer and they ordered the compressor for the humming noise. He said he will work on the hot air part when he replace the compressor . I will explain more in detail to him. I don't understand why a brand new car already had this issues. I never heard of Toyota owner complain like I do. Just frustrated with American car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion

Quote Originally Posted by chevygirl6! View Post
    Yes, I did. I went to the dealer where I bought on Feb 9, but the service department not helpful at all. So, I went to a different dealer and they ordered the compressor for the humming noise. He said he will work on the hot air part when he replace the compressor . I will explain more in detail to him. I don't understand why a brand new car already had this issues. I never heard of Toyota owner complain like I do. Just frustrated with American car.
    You have one minor issue that will get sorted out. Toyota makes a good product, so does Chevrolet. It is a complex machine and parts sourced from many places, stuff happens. I might suggest give the dealer a chance to sort it out. Don’t fool yourself EVERY manufacturer has issues.
    Sunline Fan and chevygirl6! like this.
    2018 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Premier RS 11k
    2003 Buick Park Avenue 80k
    2004 Ford F-150 Reg Cab, 4.2L 45k
    2005 Mercedes E320 CDI 190k

2015 Chevrolet Cruze CTD 71k traded
    2004 Cadillac Deville DHS 90k SOLD
    2002 Ford F-150 extended cab 4.6L 133k. SOLD

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDiesel View Post
    You have one minor issue that will get sorted out. Toyota makes a good product, so does Chevrolet. It is a complex machine and parts sourced from many places, stuff happens. I might suggest give the dealer a chance to sort it out. Don’t fool yourself EVERY manufacturer has issues.
    Glad to hear and thanks for the support the support... tired of people criticizing me for buying a piece of junk as they would say.
    Sunline Fan and IndyDiesel like this.

Driver's Ed
    I can feel you, I had a Malibu that went down with a wiring harness fire but I really like my local dealership. Steve Rayman in Atlanta. The main advantage I have seen is that GM Financial's interest rates and service is superior to the Japanese options and my dealership's service department if pretty honest. I had a 2014 Cruze and traded up to the Malibu due to the reliability ratings! Opps anyway I can tell you dealing with GM sucks, they put the dealership in the middle and try to stick it to you so get a lawyer and call the Federal Government's Department of Highway and Motor Safety, you can get results. I just bought the new 2017 Cruze so I'm hoping for the best, this is the last time unless my experience is really excellent.

Formula One Champion
    Welcome Aboard!

These are for the 1st Gen, but they may help...

No air from vents!

Special service bulletin for mode door actuator?

FIX: Excessive Moisture/Condensation/Frost on Windows

This is to help with disassembly -

How To Paint AC Vents...

IndyDiesel likes this.
    Hidden Content "Don't just drive CRUZE!" ༼∵༽ ༼⍨༽ ༼⍢༽ ༼⍤༽

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Hidden Content , Tinted Windows, Husky Floor Liners, shark fin, integral dash cam,Hidden Content , splash guards, Z-Spec Grille, Fogs, Depo smoked turn signals w/amber Diode Dynamics LEDs, Hidden Content UR Rear upper Strut Bar, UR Front Upper Strut Bar) MOTM JAN17 AUG17 AUG18

4th Gear
    Welcome!
    IndyDiesel likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)